350z or 370z - help!

MrLizard

Afternoon everyone,

I am contemplating buying a 350 or a 370 however am struggling with which would be better for the purpose of purchase... some of you may know i already own a 350z but that isnt a road car anymore so at the moment we have a sensible hatch back and Subaru WRX with PPP, love the AWD and the 270bhp feels a lot more than that of the standard zed but it is getting to the end of its life and the mrs has said we can have something a bit more impractical sooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Purpose of the car will be fast road and maybe some track or drift work but only lightly not seriously...

Have driven a 370z both on road and track with both manual and auto gearboxes, not as nice on the limit as the 350z (for me) however these were all standard and it wont be staying standard and i dont know how the 370 will improve with coilovers etc sooooo....

350z with a supercharger and some suspension fetling or 370z with some suspension work?

Thanks

Steve

Biased, but a 370Z please.

Not many people have taken the 370Z on yet in terms of modding them for fast road track, compared to the 350Z, so I's liek to see more of that please.

Big old difference in price though surely ??

350z HR - again, biased, but had same decision as you.

Just can't get away from it - hate the way the 370z looks. Compared to the 350 is has lost some of its natural good looks IMHO.

And, engine wise, the HR engined 350z is essentially barely down on power compared to the 370z. Test drove both, couldn't tell the difference. In fact, the only discernible difference for me was that the 350z was a) better looking b)slightly cheaper and c) a bit more engaging to drive and 'connected' to the road.

• Like 1

to be honest I have looked at other cars but it has to be something both me and the Mrs can drive, although the scoob has no traction control the AWD and stability dont require it... I have looked at - Monaro/lotus exige/elise/rx7/supra/caterham/porka/TTRS/BRZ/GT86/3000GT/Celica GT4 or the other potential contender another scoob...

The issue is they are either too difficult for the mrs to drive or just not that great in comparison, i keep looking and keep coming back to a Z, thinking well it looks stunning and with suspension/brakes is a great drive....

In terms of whats winning at the moment it would probably go 350, 370, BRZ, elise - utterly different cars but then i am quite odd ;)

Personally I think there are way more cars in that price bracket worth looking at over the 370Z.

As far as looks go the 350 is a way smarter car, I think almost everyone should be able to agree on that.

I'm not a big fan of the 370 tbh.

Difference of opinion here.

I think the 350 looks shocking if I'm honest with you and would never buy one.

Better car for the money?..........do tell........... I'm guessing we'll have a difference if opinion here too.

• Like 1

Personally I think there are way more cars in that price bracket worth looking at over the 370Z.

As far as looks go the 350 is a way smarter car, I think almost everyone should be able to agree on that.

Better car for the money?..........do tell........... I'm guessing we'll have a difference if opinion here too.

Have to agree, the 370 is a lot nicer. I always liked the 350 but thought the slope of the rear window never flowed into the boot line quite right and made the back end look a bit strange in profile. Much better on the 370 which is also much prettier at the front as well.

• Like 1

A Newbie has just opened the floodgates, probably not a wise thing to say on both your first post & on a Primarily 350z forum :thumbdown:

Controversial, on here, but the 350 is a bit dated now, nothing inherently wrong with that, enthusiasts will be, well, enthusiastic, shock, hold the front page and all that.

The 370 is a step up and, if it's a daily drive, it's a no brainer.

A Newbie has just opened the floodgates, probably not a wise thing to say on both your first post & on a Primarily 350z forum :thumbdown:

who says its primarily a 350 forum - before long us new boys will be taking over - so BE nice :lol:;):boxing:

who says its primarily a 350 forum - before long us new boys will be taking over - so BE nice :lol:;):boxing:

Well it just is, :-p It started as a 350 forum which of course progressed to 370 as well

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just think that Mike370 could have worded it a little better as he has left himself open to criticism from other members.

I'll stop crashing Steves thread now :wave: