2 services in 10 years

Imperatore

Found an 03 with 27k on the clock. What worries me is it only has two stamps, P1 and P2. It has clearly only been serviced whilst in use and I'm wondering what you guys think. It has exceptionally low mileage for the age and I do wonder what could be wrong by not servicing it but it wasn't being used anyway. I've always thought you should do it anyway because things can seize up etc.

​Should I be looking for anything in particular for a car in this condition?

I think, on balance, I would also walk away. The service schedule is set for time as well as mileage and it doesn't say much about the previous owner. I bought mine with similar mileage but it had the full number of stamps - i.e. each year minimum.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I have learned over the years that mileage isn't everything. If it had 10 stamps but the mileage hadn't moved then I'd be happy but as you say it's been decaying. The search continues.

Any opinion on this one? I get the impression JDM ones aren't valued as highly? http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-350-z-3-5-v6-3dr-primrose-hill-201329523912353

Edited by Imperatore

watch a few youtube vids that will show you what happens to old oil like this one!

even if its low mileage the oil thats in there will probably be all jelly like and .... just walk away from this unless your into doing some internal engine cleaning then ... walk away

Thanks guys, I have learned over the years that mileage isn't everything. If it had 10 stamps but the mileage hadn't moved then I'd be happy but as you say it's been decaying. The search continues.

Any opinion on this one? I get the impression JDM ones aren't valued as highly? http://www.tradelink...201329523912353

nice looking car! if you go to have a look i know your ask all the right questions! i will admit the key point when i bought my zed this year is when the dealer was able to produce the service will a full service history even at 9 years old it was stamped up until a thousand miles ago!

anyway good hunting!

chances are the guys serviced it himself and just not recorded. I do all my own services, but I just write "self service" and attach receipts. But I wouldn't touch it

Can't see it, if it was an old fiesta or something but why would someone that can afford to keep a Zed for 10 years and not use it not bother to spend £100 for an oil change & a stamp :shrug:

chances are the guys serviced it himself and just not recorded. I do all my own services, but I just write "self service" and attach receipts. But I wouldn't touch it

Can't see it, if it was an old fiesta or something but why would someone that can afford to keep a Zed for 10 years and not use it not bother to spend £100 for an oil change & a stamp :shrug:

I don't go to garages for service because I like knowing whats going on with the car, and not a garage adding cheapo oil in and charging me 200quid. But yeah, he should have atleast kept the receipts for the oil changes he done himself.

I don't go to garages for service because I like knowing whats going on with the car, and not a garage adding cheapo oil in and charging me 200quid. But yeah, he should have atleast kept the receipts for the oil changes he done himself.

Yeah especially with low mileage, what I mean is a 70k car with a bit of missing detail fair enough but not 10 years with bugger all miles....

Any opinion on this one? I get the impression JDM ones aren't valued as highly? http://www.tradelink...201329523912353

nice looking car! if you go to have a look i know your ask all the right questions! i will admit the key point when i bought my zed this year is when the dealer was able to produce the service will a full service history even at 9 years old it was stamped up until a thousand miles ago!

anyway good hunting!

Thanks, I've asked for some clarification on service history but last time I emailed this seller they ignored me (Tradelinkcars). I shall wait and see, everyone gets a second chance.

anyway good hunting!

Thanks, I've asked for some clarification on service history but last time I emailed this seller they ignored me (Tradelinkcars). I shall wait and see, everyone gets a second chance.

Nice one, at the end of the day it don't matter if you were buying at 30k or a third the price, its how the car was treated im totally happy buying a higher mileage car if its been looked after, over a car with a dodgy history ! again I don't know how it go for you, but again even at 9 years old the dealer I went to again handed over the service book and it was fully stamped ( and by Nissan ) again upto 1 thou miles ago, just remember these engine do a couple 100 thousand miles if not more! so its your money but use good judgement theres plenty of cars for sale, again il leave it at if it was me full stamped service history is a big bonus! well I wouldn't buy a zed otherwise :) Edited by Sempiternal

As has already been said he may have done his own servicing. I do all my own servicing wherever possible. He should have at least had the oil changed yearly/ brake fluid and coolant every few years minimum. You could have a bargain or a headache. If you really like it pay for a once over by the AA or RAC. :thumbs:

anyway good hunting!

Bit overpriced for a 2003 import... :scare: :scare:

The one I'm looking at now is 2005 (54) 46k, FSH (not main) Bose and 18" Rays silver.

I'm aware the clutch life is around 40k depending on use and I have to check for drop links and compression arms going as its very common.

£7495

Edited by Imperatore

Tradelink get all their cars serviced by Japex. Maybe they would be willing to have the engine stripped a bit to check condition? They're also a trader on here, both of them, so maybe sent them a PM?

But in general, run away!