Women driving 350s - problem?

twobears

Some good suggestions there. Will try using one or two of them next time I am confronted by a 'Zed denier' :boxing:

Twice in the last couple of weeks I have been told that I look 'too respectable' to be driving a Zed. What the heck is that supposed to mean? I am guessing it must mean 'You look a right dowdy old frump, get yourself a Saxo (insert any other boring car name here)". How should I make myself look less "respectable" anyway? Cover myself with risque tattoos and wear clothes best suited to a lady of the night? I don't know why it's suddenly started to annoy me but it is doing :angry: Maybe I should take the Zed out for a nice drive to cheer myself up and forget about the idiots I seem to meet? :teeth:

:worthless:

Is that not literally SMD described in one sentence!

• Like 1

I don't see it as an insult. The zed is a pretty big "muscle car". Are you a big muscly lady? :p

Not huge I don't think but I do have pretty big biceps and extremely strong legs like most horse riders :blush:

"look like someone who would drive a Zed".

simple response is "neither do you" :p

Actually that is brilliant :D Short, sweet and snappy! Will definitely use that one.

Some good suggestions there. Will try using one or two of them next time I am confronted by a 'Zed denier' :boxing:

Twice in the last couple of weeks I have been told that I look 'too respectable' to be driving a Zed. What the heck is that supposed to mean? I am guessing it must mean 'You look a right dowdy old frump, get yourself a Saxo (insert any other boring car name here)". How should I make myself look less "respectable" anyway? Cover myself with risque tattoos and wear clothes best suited to a lady of the night? I don't know why it's suddenly started to annoy me but it is doing :angry: Maybe I should take the Zed out for a nice drive to cheer myself up and forget about the idiots I seem to meet? :teeth:

That's no way to talk to your Forum Mother :scare: Go and sit on the naughty step this instant :nono:

That's no way to talk to your Forum Mother :scare: Go and sit on the naughty step this instant :nono:

:sorry:

I think thats perfect and to the point and personally i think women driving zeds is great, the more the better and makes a nice change.

Just don't like it when they can out drive me lol. Bit worried for the next wales trip after all the track days you have done, you may have to lead my group in my place :)

Edited by Will370z

I hear you're having some

I think thats perfect and to the point and personally i think women driving zeds is great, the more the better and makes a nice change.

Just don't like it when they can out drive me lol. Bit worried for the next wales trip after all the track days you have done, you may have to lead my group in my place :)

I'm not sure "out driving" is going to be the issue - I think I read earlier that someone got lost leading a group to Ace ??? :p:lol:

Edited by ioneabee

I can see where they are coming from. Some cars, to me at least, just seem more manly or womanly. An Audi TT, for example, to me is a womans car. So is a Mazda MX-5 or a Toyota MR2. Not to say there is anything wrong with those cars (I actually really like the TT).

Conversely your more aggressive looking cars tend to have a more manly image to them IMO. Saying that though, I think that women driving those kinda of cars is quite hot so I don't really know what the point of this all is.

*shrug*

BBK, you're forgiven - can't stay mad at you for long :lol:

Pete, I have had some nice comments but you know what it's like, you get a little flurry of sarcastic comments and they are the ones that stick in your mind :( I feel a lot better equipped to deal with the snarky comments now though as I've got little store of great put downs. So watch out any patronising twerps that I may meet in the coming months :boxing::teeth:

Just ask them how many other Zed drivers have they met? Or, if its a business meeting, say "you look exactly how I expected you to look". They may think that's a compliment though depending on their level of narcissism.

• Like 1

back on topic though

I usually get "we're obviously paying you too much" - (I work for Local Authority) - and my usual response is "now having said that, which bit of this do you want me to fail - all of it or just most of it"