What have I done? *nearly there*

KyleR

fair play your a brave man :thumbs:

but haven't you painted the cover that goes over the indicator?

There is a section that must be left reflective or its paint stripper time!!

I painted most of it, left a line on the top and the front to allow plenty of light to pass :)

image-5.jpg

Bits copied

*Note: I didn't paint the reflective part near the projector because I didn't want any chances of diminishing light output. However, this is only in "theory"... if anyone has painted theirs, let us know if light output is the same.

And from Madmarky

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67932-headlight-mod-options/

Marks were pre-facelift, so he needed the reflective surface for the main beam, bixenons fortunately don't require this as its all through the projector.

Cool - just the hard part of putting them back together then.

Just make sure you seal those bad boys back up perfectly.

B)

fair play your a brave man :thumbs:

but haven't you painted the cover that goes over the indicator?

There is a section that must be left reflective or its paint stripper time!!

I painted most of it, left a line on the top and the front to allow plenty of light to pass :)

image-5.jpg

ok cool i didn't see the masking tape in your earlier picture make sense to me now, good job so far, looking forward to the end result :)

Thanks guys, won't be for a week or so yet as I only just ordered the Halo's on Thursday from the states, so they should be here early next week or possibly for this weekend, then just a case of making it fit the lens and finding some way to power everything. I think i'll wire the halo into the sidelight and work out some switch for the demon eye inside. As for sealing it back up, there is about a gallon of butyl used on these lights at the factory, but i'm gonna buy some more for sealing time.

I can let you into a little secret, though, this is a spare light with a broken face and mounts, thought I should play with it before using mine as I don't have an extra grand or so laying around for when I **** them up :lol:

Marks were pre-facelift, so he needed the reflective surface for the main beam, bixenons fortunately don't require this as its all through the projector.

This is true, all can be painted on the face lift lights. Make sure you fix the Halo with something as well as the glue that is provided. I hated the feeling of the glue melting and the ring falling off inside the light. I used some garden wire to secure mine.

This is true, all can be painted on the face lift lights. Make sure you fix the Halo with something as well as the glue that is provided. I hated the feeling of the glue melting and the ring falling off inside the light. I used some garden wire to secure mine.

Thanks for the tip. The halo I'm getting comes in a clear plastic case, so atleast there's less risk of it breaking. I'll find something to attach it more firmly, thanks :thumbs:

I did this on my celica, I also cracked the light open and was like "wtf am I doing...oh well, no turning back now..."

Just make sure you seal them well. :thumbs:

Yeah seal and seal again. My passenger one has a small leak in it and fogs up a lot. My problem is that due to the heavy front bumper its all riveted in place to stop it moving and will be a pain the arse to get the light out again.