No amount of decals will make it a Nismo.....

fellsteruk

Nismo means nothing more than a few tacky bits of plastic stuck to a car and harder suspension these days, and if that how Nissan view the brand then I shall treat it with the contempt that attitude deserves.

As such, feel free to stick whatever Nismo badging you like to whatever you like, it's a dead brand as far as I'm concerned.

Nismo means nothing more than a few tacky bits of plastic stuck to a car and harder suspension these days, and if that how Nissan view the brand then I shall treat it with the contempt that attitude deserves.

As such, feel free to stick whatever Nismo badging you like to whatever you like, it's a dead brand as far as I'm concerned.

A fountain of knowledge as usual..!!! :scare: :scare:

I refer you to the current Nismo range, thankyouverymuch. It's a posing brand, nothing more, and if that's what Nissan want thenthats what they get.

I don't care about what Nismo may do with tarted up* GTRs in Japland, they have no relevance to the current Nismo branding. I have no idea why you're defending them.

*Yes, it is a bit more than that.

Nismo tuning isn't much to write home about. As tuning companies go they one of the laziest.

The RS380 was the one to have for upgrades. But Nissan knew that and whacked a hefty price tag on it.

You obviously dont know about Nismo's involvement in current racing, and the amount of investment that goes into it..!! :scare: :scare:

I think he meant as a tuning house for production cars.

As Ricey says, general road cars with a Nismo badge are weak in comparison to AMG, MSport etc. what the do in the Motorsport world is a totally different game. A bit like go-karting and F1.

Would I buy a Nismo 350 or a GT, no way. For simple light modifications its not worth the heavier price tag.

Do you drive a genuine Nismo Will??

Nismo tuning isn't much to write home about. As tuning companies go they one of the laziest.

The RS380 was the one to have for upgrades. But Nissan knew that and whacked a hefty price tag on it.

You obviously dont know about Nismo's involvement in current racing, and the amount of investment that goes into it..!! :scare: :scare:

I think he meant as a tuning house for production cars.

As Ricey says, general road cars with a Nismo badge are weak in comparison to AMG, MSport etc. what the do in the Motorsport world is a totally different game. A bit like go-karting and F1.

Would I buy a Nismo 350 or a GT, no way. For simple light modifications its not worth the heavier price tag.

Do you drive a genuine Nismo Will??

I'm making the point that Nissan put into Motorsport a lot of development money through the Nismo brand, including the

development of new and up and coming drivers, and their new range of eco cars.

Did anybody bother to watch the Nissan Delt Wing car both last and this year in action. ??

Nissan have Garage 56 at Le Mans next year for their 200 MPH electric car.

Its just very unfortunate that Ekona cannot be bothered to read the Company profile before making such comments.

But as I reiterate, the discussion point is ref to the Nismo brand on road cars.

Ekona also references to the road car and its branding for consumers.

I'm sure Nismo within the Motorsport world is a great success, but as we started and still continue to discuss the road cars with Nismo badges, they're pretty much chocolate flakes on top of your hot chocolate.

Nismo is to Nissan as cloverleaf is to Alfa...a badge they can charge more for. Look at the current nismo vehicles that are for sale. They're stock cars with extra bits of plastic and some badges stuck on. Compare it to he likes of m division and AMG who produce whole new engines handbuilt by singular craftsmen. Nismo is lazy. What the do in motorsport has very little bearing in their actual production cars that Joe blogs can buy in the dealership.

• Like 1

Out of interest what is the difference between a normal GT zed and a Nismo zed, is it just body kit and tunned slightly different?

There were several Nismo editions of the 350Z but they were never sold in The U.K. Back in 2005 The S-Tune Nismo was announced for The U.K market at £50,000, Nissan brought one over for the journalists to test drive but nothing was ever heard of it again although it was sold in Japan and The U.S and I don't know of any that were imported. They were nothing special really, 296 engine and lots of tweaks here and there but difficult to justify a 20k premium over a GT. The 380RS (around 340 bhp)was a very limited production model, only 300 made and only sold in Japan and I believe that for some reason they couldn't be imported due to U.K regulations (although I did hear that at least one did find it's way over here).

Pete

did they not make a 400RS version or something like that? 400hp N/A for a race league in japan? don't think it ever became a road car but would be awesome if it did!

Nismo is to Nissan as cloverleaf is to Alfa...a badge they can charge more for. Look at the current nismo vehicles that are for sale. They're stock cars with extra bits of plastic and some badges stuck on. Compare it to he likes of m division and AMG who produce whole new engines handbuilt by singular craftsmen. Nismo is lazy. What the do in motorsport has very little bearing in their actual production cars that Joe blogs can buy in the dealership.

Your right but ///M and AMG are going that way. You can get merc with diesel engine factory remapped and you get a "tuned by Brabus" badge. People then telling me they own a Brabus. Me going out side and laugh at them and it. They get their feelings hurt.

• Like 1

Its just very unfortunate that Ekona cannot be bothered to read the Company profile before making such comments.

It's not unfortunate at all. What is unfortunate is that you're so incredibly blinded by your hard-on for Nismo that you can't see what a watered down version it now is.

I remember the Deltawing with fondness. I also remember that Nissan didn't come up with the original idea, they merely threw money and branding at it when it became clear that it would be an incredible bit of PR for the company. They then ditched it, but not before buying the rights to use the basic design for another entry for 2014. The Deltawing no longer uses anything Nissan-related in the engine btw, it's running a Mazda one now. But then, I'm sure you knew all this.

You can applaud them for this all you like. I certainly won't be.

I usually stay away from anything branded with Nismo, even if i really like the styling, pretty much based on that my car didn't come as standard as a Nismo.

I don't like my car wearing something it's not entitled too, and i usually like to buy stuff that has at least 2 uses, makes me feel like the part is being used effectively, and most parts that are branded Nismo... are just for looks!

Might have missed it but what about nismo stickers on nismo replica bodykits does that @*!# fly? or is that a no no

as i no sticking volks/rays on my grids would get me banished so is it ok to put nismo badges on fake replica kits?

Use Shizmo stickers ;)

It's like if I went to a market stall and bought a pair of "genuine" Ray Ban sunglasses for £4.99.

It might say Ray Ban on it but you know it's fake, even more embarrassing when your mates point it out.

Hence why my car is sticker free apart from the forum sticker, I have genuine items, but don't feel the need to shout about it ;)

• Like 1

I refer you to the current Nismo range,

depends what your looking at the road car line up or the off shelf race cars they sell

Id say a Nismo GT-R RC or a Fairlady Z Nismo RC arnt just a bit of plastic and some stickers, pricey yes but still a nismo track toy you can buy

the 370z is only £81,500

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

In House tunning company's parts are normally just modified OEM parts anyway, made that bit better, but offer the same gurantee.

Basically, approved mods by the car maker.

Proper performance R&D parts are made by the tunning houses offer the best power - if that's your bag.

As for sticking stickers on things they are not;

do-not-want-bear.jpg

depends what your looking at the road car line up or the off shelf race cars they sell

Id say a Nismo GT-R RC or a Fairlady Z Nismo RC arnt just a bit of plastic and some stickers, pricey yes but still a nismo track toy you can buy

As you say, they're race cars not road cars which is what we're talking about here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely happy about M and AMG selling their wheels and bodykits and having a trim level either, but at least they make solid gains when it comes to the halo performance models. Nissan and Nismo do no such thing, and their own press release even says as much.

I fail to understand how this can remotely be defendable from a bunch of petrolheads, but there you go.