Whoever said the zed isn't economical

Wasso

Must be the new slippery paint ;)

Nah, he's just been driving like a Jag owner rather than a Zed owner :stir:

:lol:

I was also thinking slippery paint :lol:

Funny you say that Jim, there was this old crock in a XJ thought he was the dogs danglies wallowing in the middle lane. I tried to wave to him but he had the same eyewear on that blind people wear. He didn't have a clue.

Last couple of weeks I have been in the "Driving Miss Daisy" mode - literally. My wife's cousin is unwell, so I have been driving her to Mount Vernon Hospital from Hatfield on a daily basis. She is elderly and not very well. Anyway got bored so started messing with knobs and dials etc. and got this..........

post-19350-0-05055100-1373905658_thumb.jpg

Gobsmacked..........

Funny you say that Jim, there was this old crock in a XJ thought he was the dogs danglies wallowing in the middle lane. I tried to wave to him but he had the same eyewear on that blind people wear. He didn't have a clue.

Oi that might be one of my new forum buddies :p

Oi that might be one of my new forum buddies :p

If so tell him GET OUT THE MIDDLE LANE WHEN YOU'RE DONE OVERTAKING...... God damn!!

i second the economy! this recent warm weather is doing brilliant things for the mpg, during this warm weather im averaging about 3-4 mpg higher than when its cold. Even when not driving like a jag owner im averaging 33mpg on the way to work, 4 months ago it was barely 28mpg

wish it was this warm all the time!

Technically fuel consumption should be worse in summer I'd have thought.

Dave - :lol:

fuel economy is worse in winter.

like your self the air is more dense in winter :lol: more air means more fuel burnt to match the 2 together. you get better performance in the winter, but worse economy. where its the opposite in the summer (mainly at low speeds) thats why you might get enghine bogging down at low speeds in very hot weather.

i also imagine the engine has got considerably less work to do getting up to temperature - and cold running a zed really blunts economy! also, heated rear screen and heated seats put more strain on the alternator - whereas ac is normally left on all year round.

Pfffffffft are you guys pushing your cars half the way or something?? haha.

I have spent an absolute fortune on fuel this month. It's my first month of ownership tho, so my foot tends to be a little heavy.

Infact, I've spent so much Im considering swapping it for an evo, I might as well the amount this thing is going to cost.

• Like 1

I've spent a month with a 1.4 polo, so to me 70mph seems fast.

I've came from a 1.2 fiesta haha!

I had an ep3 type R beforehand... I've got to be honest tho, I'm not falling in love with this car like I thought I would. I'm not even sure why, it looks great, goes pretty well and all but that feeling isn't their.

I actually had more fun in the civic. :scare:

I've spent a month with a 1.4 polo, so to me 70mph seems fast.

I've came from a 1.2 fiesta haha!

I had an ep3 type R beforehand... I've got to be honest tho, I'm not falling in love with this car like I thought I would. I'm not even sure why, it looks great, goes pretty well and all but that feeling isn't their.

I actually had more fun in the civic. :scare:

:shutup: