Friday poll- 313 350z or 370z?

Siman350z

Morning all...ok, got a Friday conundrum after pondering over the last few months.

I've got an 04 plate 276 350z GT (uk car). I absolutely love the car and its never let me down but it's used every day and as such the miles are climbing (currently on 92k) i'm thinking of changing.

So what does the forum reckon? Is it worth selling up my perfectly reliable, brilliant early 350z for the 313 latest 2008 model, (lets say, £11k) or do I save up a bit more/ wait and get a 350z (~£15k), will the extra be worth it?

Opinions appreciated :D

I'd take both out and see if either is really going to make you that much happier for spending the extra on a different model.

Personally I'd love a 370z but not sure that spending 15-17k would actually make me much happier.

I agree with both S1 HNK and flexi in that; if you must change the car, then go for a 370, but if you aren't bored or haven't fallen out of love with the 350, then why change? For the price of a 313, you could be most of the way to a full V8 conversion for your existing car. I know that isn't everyone's thing, but 11k + to effectively buy the same car seems a bit of a waste.

I had a 52 plate jdm import with 96kish on the clock, had a full service, new clutch/fly/belts/spark plugs etc etc and a full valet and felt like new. That engine, as long as its looked after will double the mileage. Plus, if you were to crank it up to 150,000 miles, your not going to loose TOO much money on the depreciation side of things. So what I would do, is keep your money in your pocket, save up then buy a GT-R if you want something quick for the road, or if you want a bit of luxury an e class or similar, and keep the 350z and turn it into a track monster so you can have a blast on the track. Well.....That's my plan anyways.

Edited by Luke0549

While the 370Z is more refined I much prefer the styling of the 350, especially on the roadster (sorry Will), so for me a late 350z is ideal. If I had an early 350 I'd probably be thinking how much longer do I want to keep a 350, if the answer is long term I'd be tempted to upgrade to a later model.

This might sound a little odd. But bear with me. Bit unorthodox.

Why dont YOU go and test drive both and the.YOU decide is what you prefer. A good few 350 owners upgraded to the 370 and a good few could but didnt as they preferred their 350 more or something else. It's you driving the car at the end of the day.

If you had already test drove both you wouldn't be asking us to make up your mind. :thumbs:

Edited by Dblock
  • Like 1

It's actually a good question mate and one that i'm sure alot of folk have asked themselves.

Knowing what i know now i wouldnt have bought my old 54 plate 276 gt, i would have paid the extra for a 313. But now i have sold it, i would really need to think hard if i wanted to pay £11k for a top 313 or £15k for a half decent 370z.

I think i would probably buy the 313 and run it tor a few years and then replace it with a 370z when they hit around £11k.

In my position i could happily pay £11k for a car with the running costs of a 350z or 370z but i wouldnt pay £15k because of the running costs if that makes sense?

Edited by stuarty

but 11k + to effectively buy the same car seems a bit of a waste.

The 313 is a totally different car to the early 276bhp models. So it would be quite an upgrade, with the additional bonus that if the OP wanted to do any major mods in the future like supercharging or turbo`s then the 313HR engine is the best one to have.

Really I think it will come down to personal preference and really id recommend spending some time driving both the 313 & the 370.

For me, I had a 370z with paddle shift for 3 days from Nissan and just didnt like it. Compared to my 313, it felt slower, less responsive and wasnt as enjoyable to drive (for me) as my 313 was. I also personally preferred the looks of the 313 compared to the 370. Again, its all down to personal preference and other people I know certainly prefer the 370, although most people i know have gone from the old zed`s to a 370z rather than 313 to a 370.

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 1

No connect premium wouldn't bother me really fairly straightforward to fit a nice unit that does everything and more....

I don't see a 313 as a huge upgrade to a pre-facelift, smoother, slightly more power (less torque and nothing an uprev wouldn 't even out), nicer interior marginally, nicer lights etc but other than that 99% of it is exactly the same looks wise :shrug:

While the 370Z is more refined I much prefer the styling of the 350, especially on the roadster (sorry Will), so for me a late 350z is ideal. If I had an early 350 I'd probably be thinking how much longer do I want to keep a 350, if the answer is long term I'd be tempted to upgrade to a later model.

No problm at all haydnh, each to their own, its clear you are just stark raving bonkers though ...lol. ;)

• Like 1

You can have a whole heap of fun with a £4k slush fund left over for petrol, tires and brake pads - get a 313.

2c on the 370z styling; the black edition (in black!) looks ok, anything else looks a bit...meh. The rotund rear bumper being the primary culprit. It's a chubby 911.