New to the Zed - Straight in with exhaust question!

Hi All, I'm new to the 350z Scene. - Had mine about 3 months, 55 plate in blade silver with the GT pack and 48K on the clock. - Absolutley love it to pieces - Was a toss up between this and a z4 - I know I made the right choice!

Used to own a classic mini before, so bit of a difference in performance (but very similar in the grin factor states!)

Anyhow, was giving it some wellie the other day and I heard a noticeable change in the exhaust - Got very loud and I'm pretty sure its blown a hole near the backbox somewhere (haven't got under it yet to check).

My question is, what cheapish exhaust is near to the standard exhaust sonically? - I'm going to fit it myself (I'm quite mechanically minded).

I love the standard exhaust sound, and volume levels (loud when you are giving it some, but quiet enough to cruise if you want)

I'd like a stainless system for the 'fit and forget' nature of it, but if it's going to make the car unbearably loud, or 'chavvy' sounding then I'd rather get something else.

From reading on here the consensus is that the scorpion is good, and stay away from the JapSpeed ones? is that right?

Is the scorpion comparable in volume levels to the standard back box?

Any advice greatly received.

Rob

Welcome to the forum... :)

The step up systems are the Scorpion and Cobra, I would opt for the Cobra resonated as you can also choose a tail pipe option which almost emulates the Nissan pipe... :)

Both the Scorpion and Cobra are louder than the Nissan system.

Some images of the Cobra system can be seen here - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63096-cobra-sports-exhaust-from-cougar-store/

Drop us a call or PM and we'll be happy to help... :)

Cheers,

What's the deal with the y-pipe option on a Zed? - I'm savvy enough to know that doing anything to the exhaust after the Cat isn't really going to affect power output, but does it make for a lighter/noisier/better sounding/easier to fit system? or is it just a mod for the sake of it?

Really keen to keep it as standard as possible anyway, so when you say the Cobra and scorpion are 'louder' is that 'spirited driving' louder (as in anything over 3.5K) or is it just louder all the time? - I like the sound (especially the 'pop' of the scorpion) that you see on the youtube recordings but it's impossible to gauge the volume.

Cheers,

What's the deal with the y-pipe option on a Zed? - I'm savvy enough to know that doing anything to the exhaust after the Cat isn't really going to affect power output, but does it make for a lighter/noisier/better sounding/easier to fit system? or is it just a mod for the sake of it?

Really keen to keep it as standard as possible anyway, so when you say the Cobra and scorpion are 'louder' is that 'spirited driving' louder (as in anything over 3.5K) or is it just louder all the time? - I like the sound (especially the 'pop' of the scorpion) that you see on the youtube recordings but it's impossible to gauge the volume.

Some tend to opt for just the mid and rear and only swap out the Y if its damaged, doing the lot makes the system consistent and the OEM Y is renowned to fail over time, so from a fitting point of view it's easier to get done in one go... :)

They are both louder than the Nissan system and this is noticeable through the rev range, if you like the OEM sound you'll love the Cobra resonated system... :)

If you wanted a small jump in sound then the Milltek system we offer would fit the bill perfectly... :)