So what would people say best plenum spacer is?

parello9

• 2 weeks later...

There is a risk, as with anything, that a cheaper product has not been made to the same standards. There may be nothing wrong with the eBay one, but most people will likely advise you to stick with either a Motordyne or one of Wasso's as the quality of these are tried and tested. I have a Wasso one and there were no fitment problems, the quality is excellent and you can get it anodised in your choice of colour, so they look cool too! :thumbs:

Edited by Paddy78

Could someone let me know whats wrong with a cheaper one like this BLOX one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLOX-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-5-16-SPACER-PLENUM-VQ35DE-NISSAN-350Z-INFINITI-G35-NEW-/130890950154?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e79b5660a

Has anyone ever used this one before or has it just been avoided ?

I wouldn't buy one but some US guys use them without issues, they are thicker than Motordyne so might be an issue with the brace/bonnet shutting.

Forum price for the Motordyne is £175

When the Motordyne one is only £175, why would you bother with anything else? That's peanuts.

Because for less you can have them colour coded ;)

The Motordyne spacer and gaskets are made for cost effective manufacturing, so the spacer is made of two parts glued together. They also use a silicon bond for the gasket which breaks down, as I found.

Mine are made of single pieces so not glued together, and don't use silicon as a glue for the gasket.

The other issue with the Motordyne I didn't like, was the fact they anodise the spacer white, but over the laser cut edges. After 1 year on my car it looked grubby, and anyone wishing to bling their bay it looked tatty. Which is where all this came about. I wanted one for myself so setup the creation of Wasso Spacers.

They will be going on sale in America soon.

Took all your advise and avoided the cheap one and got a wassa one :-)

Cool and good choice. Payment received and your order is now at my house. Picking the plastic spacer feet up Mon or Tue. Boxes arriving Monday. Bolts by the end of the week.

Wassa lol. What colour did you end up going for? The gold one makes your car faster than an HR! Tried and tested :) if you need anyone to confirm this pm AMT :lol:

LOL I had a red one.