Early symptoms of Zeditis are beginning to show...

Katy

Ok, so it's no Vortech Supercharger, but after only 11 days of ownership it is my first mod to Zed and I'm buggered if I'm going to keep it to myself ;)

Have ripped out ALL the old Bose audio and replaced it with a double-din Kenwood dnx7200 head unit, and Alpine speakers throughout (inc. steering wheel adapter). Connected up a reverse parking camera (to justify all the expense) and got myself a stubby aerial, thanks to Steve at Redline :)

She sounds fantastic and is starting to feel like MY car now...

image_zpsc7b27e7f.jpg

image_zps967056ef.jpg

Ooooh look, I can see my own rear bumper from the drivers seat! Novelty not worn off yet... :D

image_zps7376d742.jpg

• Like 2

Yes Pete, it's all wired up. Have unfortunately lost the phone function on the wheel but from research it doesn't look possible to keep that function alive with an aftermarket head unit? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Hi mate, are you running your new speakers with the standard amp or did you fit a new aftermarket amp as well?

I removed the Bose amp as it's designed to power their own 0.5 ohm speakers and the Alpine's are 4 ohm. Luckily the head unit has got an amp built in (four channel x 50W max power) which is now running the front and rear speakers. For the time being I've left it at that, mainly 'cause I couldn't justify another £500+ for the five channel amp I wanted!

Personally, it's fine for me although I think a bigger amp would make a noticeable difference. Still need to play with the levels of everything to get it spot on.

Guess it depends whether you want to blow the windows out or just listen to your favourite tunes with decent clarity.

Thanks Bullet, but beware - once you've got a half decent sub behind your seat you might wish you had the crappy Bose sub back again! Or a boot rebuild to put the f**ker somewhere else.

Cranked it up earlier and nearly blew myself clean through the windscreen... smiley-shocked003.gif

Maybe I've just got the frequency far too low??

Edited by Katy

Thanks Bullet, but beware - once you've got a half decent sub behind your seat you might wish you had the crappy Bose sub back again! Or a boot rebuild to put the f**ker somewhere else.

Cranked it up earlier and nearly blew myself clean through the windscreen... smiley-shocked003.gif

Maybe I've just got the frequency far too low??

yeah, got an old Bazooka Tube I wanna re-use for now.

That would then leave the old sub location free for future amp upgrades.

Thinking of using the space behind the rear speakers for a box build