New Pulsar GTI-R

Pete87

I once owned a Pulsar briefly, very briefly in fact! Pretty much everything you shouldn't do when buying a car, I did. Viewed it late in the evening, bought the first one I saw, didn't check it thoroughly enough.

30 miles down the motorway on the way back (doing a conservative speed I should add) the engine went up in smoke. A very costly experience, but we live and learn. :rant:

Me neither, reminds me of the Mazda MPS.

The fact they are applying the nismo brand to the micra and primera totally ruins it for me.

Really? How so?

Not like its the first time. There were a few Nismo parts for the old K11 Micra.

Because nismo used to be a proper Motorsport division which meant any car that had nismo badging meant it was meaner and faster. No it's means nothing other than just a marketing ploy so its totally losts its credibility to me.

I appreciate all the manufacturers do it with 'm sport' and 'amg' which is a great shame.

• Like 1

'Tis a good point. I've no idea why M and AMG keep their credibility but Nismo and VXR lose theirs. If anything, M and AMG are worse for it!

But if you get a True AMG not a C class with amg wheels they super charger and making them 500-600bhp cars, Taking the nismo for example you pay about 75% more for what is it 16bhp

Was the Pulsar GTI-R ever sold in The U.K? I just did a check on "How Many Left" and non are listed, in fact there are only a total of 95 Pulsars left (+ 50 SORNed), numbers have dropped substantially in the last couple of years.

Pete

Was the Pulsar GTI-R ever sold in The U.K? I just did a check on "How Many Left" and non are listed, in fact there are only a total of 95 Pulsars left (+ 50 SORNed), numbers have dropped substantially in the last couple of years.

Pete

I dont know but I have a feeling it wasn't and possibly wont be again...