Slighty tuned 350z import , any thoughts ?

racinsun

( Personally still hunting a convertible 350z ) but my friend has recently sold his skyline and was tempted by the 350z coupe as a good alround daily and drifter/ track toy . The car below is an import but the sales garage told him it has project n or m camshaft upgrades stage 2 along with other items mentioned in forsale post . Does anyone know off this car ? My friends tell me the guys on the phone where basically saying its an import so its quicker (( not that old chestnut )) . It is also meant to have full uk conversion seats , calipers , speedo etc ..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-3-5i-coupe-/221243895872?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item338329f040

The engine bay pic does not exactly fill you with confidence?

Looks like there is a coat of rust on the strutbar bolts?

Coolant tank lid missing.

Nissan 350 Z 3.5 V6 3dr£5,995, 2005 (05 reg), Coupe, 72,224 miles, Manual, 3500cc, Petrol, Solid, Black, Upgrades include Black paint, 18" RAYS alloy wheels, Black Full leather interior, Right-hand drive, Standard Features - 18" 6 spoke alloy wheels, 6-way manually adjustable driver's seat, Central locking, Climate control air conditioning, Front sports seats, Height adjustable steering wheel, Speed sensitive power steering, Thatcham category 1 alarm+immobiliser, Tilt adjustable steering column, Traction Control System, Aerodynamic rear spoiler, Body colour bumpers and front grille, Body colour electric adjustable door mirrors, Centre console storage, Cup Holder, Leather steering wheel and gear knob, Rear hatch release, Trip computer, Twin exhaust pipes. Car is finished off with a good looking front bumper, headlamp 'eyelids', HID's, and black colour coded wheels. This vehicle has also been fitted with upgraded head gaskets, stage 2 camshafts, KandN induction system, longlife stainless steel exhaust system and a re map to suit the above modifications. This is a very nice and very quick 350Z. Come for a viewing before its gone!, 12 MONTHS WARRANTY ON ALL CARS SOLD OVER £1000, £5,995

Seems like the seller is repeating some points just to fill up the text space.

Might be worth asking if the 18" RAYS come separately with the car as well as the 18" standard alloys

As above, seems a bit rough.

Filter looks a state, when was it last cleaned/changed? If not recently then what about other service items like fluids and belts?

Lack of coolant cap also a bit weird...

Edited by longsh07

If I really had nothing to do, I'd go there myself and ask some questions and see what the responses would be and then politely excuse myself, Stowmarket isn't too far away from me ;)

But I got four shifts coming up so I'll leave it to someone else

Edited by BulletMagnet

Cam's.... I smell :shutup:

i thought this was suspect also , apprently they have paper work from this project n or m company parts used for £625 , but as everyone else has said it does look abit rough , im glad its known and its known its not as advertised .

£6K for a 52 plate? Has the world gone mad? :lol:

And if I was fitting "stage 2" camshafts, Id also fit vernier pulleys at least and probably standalone management as Id imagine the standard timing wouldnt lend itself to getting the most out of £1K's worth of Brian Crowers finest ....... ;)

Actually, Id find something else to spend the money on like an expansion bottle, or a new drivers seat ........... :lol:

• Like 1