Jagitis sets in

spursmaddave

Looks the dog's b*ll*cks :thumbs:

PS Can you lend me a few quid as I would like an F Type :thumbs:

If I had a 'few quid' i.e. £50k-£70k I would have an F Type V6 S :cloud9:

Does look and sound nice. I would be happy with the entry level one :thumbs:

Apparently the V6 S is the one to have, the V8 sounds biblical but is heavier and the entry level V6 is a bit underpowered.... I specced up a V8 on the website with every possible upgrade.... £106k :surrender:

Looks the dog's b*ll*cks :thumbs:

PS Can you lend me a few quid as I would like an F Type :thumbs:

If I had a 'few quid' i.e. £50k-£70k I would have an F Type V6 S :cloud9:

Does look and sound nice. I would be happy with the entry level one :thumbs:

Apparently the V6 S is the one to have, the V8 sounds biblical but is heavier and the entry level V6 is a bit underpowered.... I specced up a V8 on the website with every possible upgrade.... £106k :surrender:

I test drove the V6 S and the sound when in sport mode was more like a V8 than a V6 t'was an awesome test drive

Well I had a productive weekend while everyone else was watching tennis. As its jag related I thought it better in here than a new thread. As not everyone's a jag lover. I had some bits at Christmas but I never got round to fitting them, so I'll do some before and afters.

old gear knob

interior1_zps110938e2.jpg

new gear knob, an aluminium jaguar racing knob

interior2_zps72d2eaa6.jpg

old plastic surround that was broken

interior3_zpsb1db6435.jpg

new shiney billet aluminium one.

interior4_zps542f2e8c.jpg

old dash

interior5_zpsd92eabdf.jpg

old dash with new shiney aluminium bezels

interior6_zpsa6925897.jpg

Looking good Dave and RT!!

RT said, "As its jag related I thought it better in here than a new thread. As not everyone's a jag lover." :p

Couple of pics of parts back from de rusting and e coating. This has been a major headache, delay and cost. Lesson learnt, any form of de rusting, be it blasting or chemical, does not miraculously make your parts like new again. The problem was all the smaller parts of the bonnet that looked salvageable but once the rust is removed, there's b*gger all left of them! So now I can't rebuild the bonnet until I have either sourced or had re fabricated the various brackets and flanges that hold it all together. See below one giant airfix kit with no instructions and bits missing. All i have for reference is the 100 or so photos I took while dismantling it and thank heavens I did that!

Etypebonnetparts2_zps2c97ea69.jpg

etypebonnetparts1_zps7b366502.jpg

RT said, "As its jag related I thought it better in here than a new thread. As not everyone's a jag lover." :p

Couple of pics of parts back from de rusting and e coating. This has been a major headache, delay and cost. Lesson learnt, any form of de rusting, be it blasting or chemical, does not miraculously make your parts like new again. The problem was all the smaller parts of the bonnet that looked salvageable but once the rust is removed, there's b*gger all left of them! So now I can't rebuild the bonnet until I have either sourced or had re fabricated the various brackets and flanges that hold it all together. See below one giant airfix kit with no instructions and bits missing. All i have for reference is the 100 or so photos I took while dismantling it and thank heavens I did that!

Etypebonnetparts2_zps2c97ea69.jpg

etypebonnetparts1_zps7b366502.jpg

That looks like its going to be fun putting back together :headhurt:

I just have visions of it being like Ikea flat pack with a load of important bits left over. :wacko:

I was hugely impressed after seeing your new carbon bits on Saturday Dave. They look so much better in the flesh. Even though I was a fan of the wood, the carbon is much better :thumbs:

Cheers mate, it really has transformed the interior, brings it bang up to date now its all aluminium/cf/leather

I just have visions of it being like Ikea flat pack with a load of important bits left over. :wacko:

Iv'e got a couple of these if you need them :shrug:

7EFAFD14-C1F1-466B-B645-9EF98893FEFA-9277-000009A59FC22889_zps8fc35859.jpg