Bizz's LS3 6.2l V8 350Z Drift Car Project - IT CAN DRIFT!! :)

bizz

Awesome project dude keep up the good work! What suspension arms did you get and where from?

I got all of arms from SPL and GT Factory. They should give me full adjustability of the front and rear so I can set it just right for drifting :) They should start to arrive soon so keep an eye out and I'll label them up as they arrive

Bizz Nice meeting you today, Sorry i ran out of time to come find you and get you to come out with me, but maybe next time :)

Yo dude yeah was nice to meet you, was a good day just couldn't believe the heat. Think your car was the only one that didn't over heat :) It looked very civilised with all the interior :-P look forward to see you ripping Norfolk up again soon

Hey guys well it is sooo hot at the moment it is difficult to get much done in the evenings without swimming in my own sweat (grim!!) so I pulled out the ABS unit, brake servo, clutch master cylinder, windscreen wiper mechanism and the remainder of the loom

DSC02233Medium_zpsac68ffb4.jpg

Then I got the car up in the air so I can remove the rear subframe and fuel tank. Just incase there were any nasty sparks that come from the seam welding also to give me good access to the rest of the chassis.

The good thing about the heat is that it doesn't stop me from receiving a few extra bits for the car ;-)

DSC02232Medium_zpsebd8f15b.jpg

This is the Custom Cage Weld-in multipoint rollcage. It's a good start for what I want to put in the car there will be a few modifications made to it before I will be completely happy. Once the seam welding is done inside this will be going straight in

Awesome project dude keep up the good work! What suspension arms did you get and where from?

I got all of arms from SPL and GT Factory. They should give me full adjustability of the front and rear so I can set it just right for drifting :) They should start to arrive soon so keep an eye out and I'll label them up as they arrive

Bizz Nice meeting you today, Sorry i ran out of time to come find you and get you to come out with me, but maybe next time :)

Yo dude yeah was nice to meet you, was a good day just couldn't believe the heat. Think your car was the only one that didn't over heat :) It looked very civilised with all the interior :-P look forward to see you ripping Norfolk up again soon

Nothing like skids with a/c and radio :)

• Like 1

latest update.... it was a long day for not much gain lol

In the morning I set to taking the rear subframe out myself. I left the diff and all of the suspension on it because most of it would be going back in so the car would be left rolling

DSC02235Medium_zpsf6a8f268.jpg

Then began the balancing act...

DSC02236Medium_zps93faa090.jpg

...and it was out...

DSC02237Medium_zps03c79466.jpg

Diff out to make the subframe lighter and to work out what kind of a task it will be to get the GTR diff and driveshafts into it (will worry about that another day)

DSC02238Medium_zps757b4558.jpg

Next and the reason the subframe came out in the first place... the fuel tank. My mate Adam ended up getting pinned underneath it, in the tunnel recess luckily he's a skinny chap so didn't cause him too much of a problem lol

DSC02241Medium_zps6ff5d0e2.jpg

Now there's tonnes of space, which will make it nice and easy to work on

DSC02239Medium_zpseafc2f79.jpg

Bit of surface rust will need some attention but seeing as the car will be on the a trestle in about a month and the whole car is going to be painted I'm not too bothered :)

Don't suppose any of you guys from the North East know someone that can whip out a windscreen? Thanks for your help

No pics tonight not much to see at the moment unless you want to see a few welds lol. seam welding is going well but taking ages. Should be worth it in the long run. hopefully i'll get some more updates up by the weekend

How do you feel about a mini meet of some kind mate?

Thinking of getting some of the local members to meet up at your place and ask you a load of annoying questions.

Knowing the sorry lot in the NE it'd only be me that turned up like.

How do you feel about a mini meet of some kind mate?

Thinking of getting some of the local members to meet up at your place and ask you a load of annoying questions.

Knowing the sorry lot in the NE it'd only be me that turned up like.

Yeah man we could work that out. Or you could just pop round one night if you want to have a look. That goes for you Wasso too :)

Will there be a live link?! I've got a livestream account :lol:

haha not sure about the live link, depends how nice you speak to Lexx :-P

I'm sure something could be worked out. I know Ian is desperate to see your progress!

For me, I just want to pick your brains over a conversion I'm just starting on my Z32. Mainly to do with who to ask for custom fabrication near us (my welding sucks)

I'm sure something could be worked out. I know Ian is desperate to see your progress!

For me, I just want to pick your brains over a conversion I'm just starting on my Z32. Mainly to do with who to ask for custom fabrication near us (my welding sucks)

That's all cool man just drop me a PM when you guys want to head over and I'll see what I'm up too.

I can do the fab work for your car for you man :) when are you thinking it will need to be done?

Once I've done the mounts, sump and drive shaft for mine I'll be making a kit so guys on here can purchase it. It'll be a lot cheaper than the Sikky equivalent!!

That's all cool man just drop me a PM when you guys want to head over and I'll see what I'm up too.

I can do the fab work for your car for you man :) when are you thinking it will need to be done?

Once I've done the mounts, sump and drive shaft for mine I'll be making a kit so guys on here can purchase it. It'll be a lot cheaper than the Sikky equivalent!!

O yea this sounds interesting, Ls fitting kits?

That's a great offer mate.

It's gonna be months before I make any real progress and get to that stage (possibly even next year). I've sourced engine mounts and a sump (though they come flat packed so need welding up). But will need help with PAS bracket and a few other bits. Gonna get AAS to do the headers, but will need to make a custom intake manifold so that the bonnet will close.

The VH45 mates to the OEM manual 5 speed with a plate which I've already sourced. So the shaft and diff remain the same.

Standalone ECU's on both VG30 and VH45 so easy to splice.

I'll get Ian to let me know when he fancies popping over and will arrange with you.

O yea this sounds interesting, Ls fitting kits?

Yeah man, I should be able to get the majority of it pulled together so all you'd really need would be the engine. The headers are the killer on price. I've still got to overcome that bit myself :(