eBay cat c zed !!

As above a cat C, along with the comment "The Tyres are Bridgestone RE050 on the rear with aorund half the tread left the fronts are budget tyres and have around 5-6mm tread left", so probably major frontal damage and I don't think it will have been a great quality repair if they couldn't be bothered to put anything better than budget tyres on.

• Like 1

Some people think far too much into things. Tyre's are just tyre's and not an idication of how a car was fixed. Lol.

Who's to say they weren't the tyre's on the car before the crash or even replaced afterwards when its been on the road again for a while?

Cat C zed doesn't have to be that bad an accident nowadays. Cheap car + insurance repair quotations using expensive full price OEM parts usually = Cat C

If someone wants a cheap zed then why not.

• Like 1

Just looking at the outward appearance, looks fine.

Cat C is fairly light damage so assuming its all OK I don't see why not. It costs more money, but get an AA inspection done on it before you commit and take it for a proper test drive.

if all checks out could be a nice save.

Taking it too literally! Tyre's are tyre's as in they are just tyre's (black round bits of rubber).

They are not an indicator of how a car was repaired way back when. I wasn't referring to the quality of how well a tyre brand keeps you on a road.

Just looking at the outward appearance, looks fine.

Cat C is fairly light damage so assuming its all OK I don't see why not. It costs more money, but get an AA inspection done on it before you commit and take it for a proper test drive.

if all checks out could be a nice save.

Cat C refers to heavy damage. The lesser category being D. I would avoid.

Cat C can also refere to Stolen recoverd - so no damage :)

Or a roadster roof being cut open to take a handbag = Cat C

Just thought I'd throw that in there :thumbs:

• Like 1

I bought a cat c recently and the only damage was to the front wings - which both need replacing really - its about whether a repair can be made economically for the insurer isnt it? as someone has already said - cost of main dealer parts labour etc + of course the "referral fees" scam.

I don't think it will have been a great quality repair if they couldn't be bothered to put anything better than budget tyres on.

AWESOME! My car is held together with cable ties, rivets and a touch of duct tape, nice to know that my Pirelli Pzero's on each corner mean that I've done a proper repair! :teeth:

isn't there a cheap number you can text to get a full history on the car?

There is no way of finding out why a car was subjected to a total insurance loss. I went through this whilst i was looking, if i had been aware of what was damaged on any cat c or d car and could subsequently check out the work/repair i would have bought one, however, most people seem to be asking damn near what you can buy a hpi clear car for, so no point only to go through the same aggro when i came to sell.

No way would i pay £5000 for a cat C, when i could buy a perfectly straight car with same year, mileage etc for £1000-£1500 more!

I understand that a normal car could possibly be hiding other problems but i just wouldn't!

Thank you for all the comments,

I've emailed him.. Alot he said it was a door a front panel and wheel damage.

It the wheel damage that worries me as the chassis could be bent !

I was thinking of having an inspection done on it p. does anybody know any one in Essex that could do this ?

Cheers

Price wise I'd agree with BBK.

And like tez162003 said. If you want a cheap zed then why not?

Cat C's aren't that bad. If you have decent car knowledge and willing to inspect it, you may find your self a bargain.

Many people don't know that loads of jap imports fresh from Japan are written off cars or cat C equivalent.

If repaired rite and so's the price, why not.

Edited by RT-Performance

I have found a silver 350z. 03 import with 60k on the clock 4 owner car, it has been serviced but not main dealer. Black leather heated seats, brembo brake and update stereo ?

What would you say is the sale value of this car ?

Many thanks

Carl

is this not ad1983s car?????

Good spot.. it is my car..

As above a cat C, along with the comment "The Tyres are Bridgestone RE050 on the rear with aorund half the tread left the fronts are budget tyres and have around 5-6mm tread left", so probably major frontal damage and I don't think it will have been a great quality repair if they couldn't be bothered to put anything better than budget tyres on.

Good one mate i done a real cheap repair i used a nissan micra door and wing.. major frontal?? the bumper headlights front panel etc are the original

:wacko:

Edited by Ad1983
  • Like 1