My Alfa Romeo GT

GT Driver

I have had this car for over 2 years now and she has been an absolute pleasure to own. I get a lot of stick in general about owning an Alfa, about their 'reliability' issues etc. I can genuinely say that it has not had any major issues in my ownership and the only real cost to me has been general servicing.

My car is the 2007 Monza edition (Blackline in the UK), which comes with the 18" LE 'teledial' wheels. Newer Monzas had a 5 twin spoke design. It has the 1.8 twinspark engine that produces 140 bhp. It's generally very revvy car that has a reasonable mix of economy and power.

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by GT Driver

Personally i love those alfas, dad had a 156 estate,, same colour with black leather interior, lovely car to be in and drive.

Was thinking of a gt before i bought the zed but it had worse fuel consumption and wasnt a soft top. Lovely car though

Tasty looking alfa, I've got a 156 as my everyday car and I love it, never had any problems with mine either, my dad has 2 alfas and he's never had a problem either apart from servicing so the reliability is an old wives tale.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I have to agree with 350 Russ above the lack of reliability is an old wives tale. With regular servicing they should give little trouble apart from a few niggles. They do demand a little more attention though, they like to use their oil like the zed, and the suspension can give issues with worn bushes and arbs etc. The short timing belt change is a bit of a pain on the TS engine (36k miles or 3 years).

@RobPhoboS, The 159 nice is a lovely car. It's a pity the 3.2 engine is basically a GM / Opel lump though. I would have love to have seen a Busso V6 in one of them :)