Is this 370z worth a looky?!

cfoster

Hi all,

I have hopefully got a buyer for my 335i bmw and will be on the lookout for a 370z soon after. I have got my eye on this one that I found on the autotrader....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201304106194200/sort/default/usedcars/model/370_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/ss129hr/page/1/radius/200/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Would there be anything to say that I shouldn't go for this? I'm still in 2 minds whether to go for a manual or auto (bmw is auto, i love it and am lazy so may stay with auto!), it has the satnav and bose also, plus I would prefer a white one. Could I fit a reversing camera to this one as it has the screen? Are there any options missing? I can't beleive how much prices have fallen all of a sudden!

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

It does look a nice (and cheap) one! I have been looking around the £16k/£17k mark but this will of course save me a few quid! PLus I was going to vinyl wrap it white anyway so that saves me a job!! Are there any buying guides around that i can swat up on just in case it is 'cheap for a reason?'!

Cheers

Or you can look at mine, which has plenty of goodies and a full service history. Yes you will be paying more but at least you know that it is a well cared for example and not been thrashed!

• Like 1

Or you can look at mine, which has plenty of goodies and a full service history. Yes you will be paying more but at least you know that it is a well cared for example and not been thrashed!

+1 on this Jays car is a cracking example looks and sounds great :) cancel Florida and buy it :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Ewan - I dont thnik i'll be in her good books if I cancel it!!!

Not HPI'd yet, going to wait until I get a deposit on mine (hopefully the weekend!) then start properly looking.

Jay - steering lock issue?! Are there any other bits to look out for apart from the usual? I presume they dont have the rear axle issues clicking like the 350s?

Do a little search for steering lock issue mate as there has been a recall on certain 370z. Also some people have been having problems with clutches etc. Thats why I have advertised on this forum as people will know my car and can check all its history etc as it runs like a dream

Do a little search for steering lock issue mate as there has been a recall on certain 370z. Also some people have been having problems with clutches etc. Thats why I have advertised on this forum as people will know my car and can check all its history etc as it runs like a dream

Then keep it you muppet :bangin::lol:

Or I could get a v8 lol

Or I could get a v8 lol

Or get it sprayed GREEN then it would be perfect :thumbs:

:stir:

• Like 1

Well I called the guy from the autotrader advert near the top of the thread as I have noticed the price has dropped to £14,950. He said that he bought it from the auctions but it doesnt have a service book. He said it is HPi clear etc.... He seemed a genuine guy (a slightly older chap - he bought it for his son to convince him not to move abroad - it didnt work!!) with a genuine reason to sell.

Would Nissan be able to track the history of the car? I have emailed my local dealership about it but wasnt sure if I would have to go to Nissan UK?

Well I called the guy from the autotrader advert near the top of the thread as I have noticed the price has dropped to £14,950. He said that he bought it from the auctions but it doesnt have a service book. He said it is HPi clear etc.... He seemed a genuine guy (a slightly older chap - he bought it for his son to convince him not to move abroad - it didnt work!!) with a genuine reason to sell.

Would Nissan be able to track the history of the car? I have emailed my local dealership about it but wasnt sure if I would have to go to Nissan UK?

According to the ad it's "one owner" so presumably he means one previous owner so his details will be on the V5 and therefore may throw some light on the service history. Also supplying dealer on bottom of number plates or the reg itself will tell you where in the country it was registered. google every Nissan dealer in that area and phone them. A bit of research might actually pay off .

Ok great thanks, I dont think he has registered it to himself as he had bought it for his son who in turn buggered off abroad. I think trying to track the plate down is a better option!

Worth spending a bit of time on it as you say!

Chris :)

Hi Chris, I have also been researching this vehicle but apparently there is no service history on this car because there have been no services carried out from start to finish. Not good for a high performance car!

I had a funny feeling about the car since I heard what the guy said about it. As you said in a previous comment he sounded like a genuine man but no service history what so ever can't be good. Not surprising, though in my opinion - anyone who ends up not being able to keep up the lease payments on a car most probably dosen't bother servicing it, not to mention how he drove the thing whilst he had it before it was repossessed!