Tablet Advice 2

ATTAK Z

Grand daughter is 7 in June ... her mates have Ipads and that's what she would like ... any thoughts ?

PS she uses my Imac and Dad's Windows machine (and PCs at school I think)

Edited by ATTAK Z

If that's what she wants and all her friends use, then get her that. Our friends 7 year old daughter just got one. And she facetimes her friends, has an apple account and emails people etc. If she'd been on a different platform she'd be out of friends loop. Sad I know, but that's the current times for you.

No informed advice from me as I just accept whatever I am given in the way of technology by Mr twobears, and it always seems to be an Apple product. I didn't want an iPad but he got me one anyway and I wouldn't be without it now as it is so useful, versatile and portable. I am sure that your granddaughter would love an iPad too. She is a good age to gain a lot of value from using it I am sure. I saw a very young baby playing with an iPad on the flight to Florida recently and he seemed to be enjoying himself :)

I can also vouch for iPads for the older user too. My mother (early 70s) bought one a few months ago and she is a fiend on it now. I sometimes wonder if a thought ever goes through her head that she doesn't feel the need to communicate to me via e mail? :wacko: We have been known to reach double figures and I feel nostalgic for the days when she would just pick up the 'phone and call me once or twice per day max ...

My mates neice has been bought an iPad mini for her birthday on Thursday. She's 3 for God's sake. What's wrong with one of those leapfrog tablets for her first one? 7 is different I suppose as mentioned before if they can use it properly with friends etc

If you go for a case, I can recommend tech21. They can take knocks very well and do one in pink.

http://shop.tech21.uk.com/store/tablets/ipad-2-3-4-cases

I do have a vested interest, a mate of mine works there, but it's good stuff, saved my iphone a few times. There's also a cool video of the secret goop they put inside the case.

http://m.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2013-01/ces-2013-wrap-goop-around-your-fingers-then-smash-them-hammer

• 1 month later...