How times have changed......

Wasso

9100B27D-D766-4B01-9999-78166B62E787-4212-0000011EF6C96450_zpsdff9dc6d.jpg

The class of 1993 would have cost over 5k, Laptop alone would have been not far off 3k. My first PC bought back in 1991 with a 40mb Hard Disk, 256k of Ram, 286 CPU and a 14" monitor set me back £1,400.

Edited by JetSet

....... a "portable" stereo had to be at least 4' long and carried on the shoulder - normally with a bunch of mates and a big piece of cardboard to lay on the ground outside a shop - anyone else remember?

And if it had a Bass Boost' button and an auto reverse tape deck, you were da man.

I had a Walkman with the "Mega Bass" button :D

my niece and nephew asked why we didnt have video screens in the back of our seats for them to watch when we drove them home one evening. they said "mummy and daddy have videos on for us to watch when we're in their car"

I said, " when i was your age it was a priverlige if my dad let me borrow his walkman to listen to a story book on tape"

they said " whats a walkman ....and whats a tape?"

sigh

:lol:

Confuse them and put this in front of them, lol

pencil-tape-thumb-400x342-99326.jpg

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 3

Times have changed even for a ol fart like me phones are now do everthing must haves and couldnt live without but without a doubt home cinema is where its at for me. I first watched Alien many moons ago on a pop up video on a CRT screen and couldn't make out what was going on. Blu-ray is a blast for film lovers with the right kit but like buying stuff for your Zed don't scrimp on it .

I used to carry my ghetto blaster on one shoulder and a roll of lino under the other arm :lol:

I saw a documentary about this. Is this you SMD?

I've seen some well rude ghettoblaster style ipod docks. Christmas present sorted I reckon.

I reckon I could still break dance....

Might have a go in Wales :teeth:

I used to carry my ghetto blaster on one shoulder and a roll of lino under the other arm :lol:

I saw a documentary about this. Is this you SMD?

I've seen some well rude ghettoblaster style ipod docks. Christmas present sorted I reckon.

I reckon I could still break dance....

Might have a go in Wales :teeth:

I think this is more SMD's style... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Listen you oldies, get with it, my Sony MiniDisc Walkman was where it's at.

With full Digital MEGA BASS.

you joke but i still use mine in my car through a tape converter :blush:

I absolutely loved mine, probably the best gadget I've ever owned, I was gutted when it finally gave up after years of abuse. Nothing I've ever owned stood up to such usage like it did. 10 full albums in your pocket when people were carrying one or two CDs. If it wasn't for MP3 these would've been massive. Great sound too.

Listen you oldies, get with it, my Sony MiniDisc Walkman was where it's at.

With full Digital MEGA BASS.

image_zps8f4d2eff.jpg

I also had Mini Disk when it was launched brilliant kit, I even had this in my car.

sony_mdxm690.jpg

• Like 1