Road Tax

Ceejay29

Hi Guys,

I am pretty sure that I have read a topic somewhere on this forum (can't find it now) regarding road tax, and I am pretty certain that a member mentioned that the road tax for a JDM vehicle is cheaper?

Anyway, I have just received my first renewal reminder and thought I'd see what others are paying. I have a 2003 import and have been asked for a payment of;

£148.50 for 6 months

or

£270 for 12 months.

Is this cheaper than the UK Zed or is it a myth?

Thanks Marzman, I have a feeling we are being over/undercharged....something isn't right :wacko:

I am slightly confused as to whether or not the DVLA refer my Zed as a UK or JDM car. It was imported in Feb 2004, I have lots of documentation, including the certificate of cancellation registration (very interesting). The car was advertised as a 350z when I bought it, not a Fairlady Z, additionally the V5 refers to it as a 350, not a Fairlady. Both the road tax reminder and V5 state that the CO2 figure is 294 G/KM and it appears that I am paying the road tax cost of a UK Zed?

After a quick search on the DVLA webpage, they suggest that I should be paying £280, this is the exact same cost as a UK zed currently advertised on auto trader (whereas my reminder states £270 and Pete's JDM is £250)

Doubt I will contact them as it is probably more likely than a new reminder will be issued at £280 not £250, slightly unprofessional in my eyes.

Hmmmm....?

Edited by Ceejay29

I believe its to do with when its imported and how its registered but I could be wrong mine is £260 for the year but I have seen someone that has a 2003 car imported in 2007 paying facelift tax 400+ :surrender:

Ouch :scare:

Haha maybe I should stop moaning then

I believe its to do with when its imported and how its registered but I could be wrong mine is £260 for the year but I have seen someone that has a 2003 car imported in 2007 paying facelift tax 400+ :surrender:

Really....I was under the impression that the road tax was linked to the date of original registration no matter what country it was registered in.

Pete

I have just received my road tax reminder for my 2003 fairlady and it is £121 for 6 months and £220 for 12 months, but it does say the rate was correct at time of printing a different rate may apply following any budget statement

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked my tax disc, £475 for the year last year. The DVLA website says it should/will be £490 for an import June 2006 from April 2013 :wacko: So I guess most of you are getting a better deal than me :cry:

Band M CO2 emissions(g/km)

Over 255 £490.00