One for Buster

Keyser

Looks almost leopard print.

B)

I will need to chat to you about a certain colour soon. But can only be done on a polished plenum.

No worries that's 2 coats on that base plus lacquer - it's different at least :lol:

nice one dude B) ....look forward to fitting it :teeth: . gonna have to talk to nicely now :lol: and get the strut brace and mounts done. :teeth:

He might have to chop your strut brace into two to get it in his oven :lol:

Don't you worry about that :ninja:

Lacquer?? :shrug:

Is it really needed?

It is if you want the shine - bit dull otherwise.

• Like 1

That looks awesome with the casting dimples, possibly better than it would if it was smooth. I want one :(

I need to get a spare plenum and powder mine! Keyser, if I provide the powder you can do mine :p

There is a few hours prep in getting the Plenum cleaned up ready for PC you know :p

I do want a volunteer or 2 though - I want to try chrome and I want to try silver - I have a few other colours that would be fun as well.

My main concern on chrome is how well it would last but if anyone is willing to be the "tester" and can get down here (I'm in Bournemouth) to swap the plenum drop me a PM.

I will do the plenum in advance as I have a spare - so I know the finish is OK and it will be a straight swap on a DE engine.

P.S Bring doughnuts :lol:

That looks awesome with the casting dimples, possibly better than it would if it was smooth. I want one :(

I need to get a spare plenum and powder mine! Keyser, if I provide the powder you can do mine :p

There is a few hours prep in getting the Plenum cleaned up ready for PC you know :p

I do want a volunteer or 2 though - I want to try chrome and I want to try silver - I have a few other colours that would be fun as well.

My main concern on chrome is how well it would last but if anyone is willing to be the "tester" and can get down here (I'm in Bournemouth) to swap the plenum drop me a PM.

I will do the plenum in advance as I have a spare - so I know the finish is OK and it will be a straight swap on a DE engine.

P.S Bring doughnuts :lol:

Yea I am up for that!

Did you read my comment in your other thread? My mum runs a very large powder coating company in Portsmouth so theres not much I dont know about it, and I can also steal you some powders! ;)

Dave - we need to talk ;)

I'll take any powder just to try - I also need a supplier that can do small quantities i.e. 1KG

Did you want to try the chrome? or did you have a different colour in mind from mum!? :lol:

I'll take any powder just to try - I also need a supplier that can do small quantities i.e. 1KG

Did you want to try the chrome? or did you have a different colour in mind from mum!? :lol:

Ha, yea I am up for the chrome! I don't even mind being the one who puts the elbow grease in to prep of the cover!

I will see what I can grab for you.

Not only do they do powder coating but they do Microsheen anodising, PVDF, PTFE and metal fabrication.

So something like Wasso' plenum spacers would be a piece of cake to make :p

Stuff it, I'm moving to the south coast! I'd love my plenum powder coated in orange or chrome but too much hassle having to park the car up for a week while I ship over...

I may be in touch :ninja:

;)

Ha, yea I am up for the chrome! I don't even mind being the one who puts the elbow grease in to prep of the cover!

Not only do they do powder coating but they do Microsheen anodising, PVDF, PTFE and metal fabrication.

Nice one on the powder Dave and .............................

You are now the official Chrome Plenum tester congats :#1:

Edited by Keyser

Woohoo!

While your at it you can do my strut brace and mounts too! Muahaha

I will give the old dear a call at lunch at get her to grab some nice bright pink powder for you mate!

I will give the old dear a call at lunch

I don't know,the youth of today. It's is your mother show some respect. :p

(Confucius say.... You can have a thousand women in lifetime but only one Mother.)

I will give the old dear a call at lunch

I don't know,the youth of today. It's is your mother show some respect. :p

(Confucius say.... You can have a thousand women in lifetime but only one Mother.)

Me and my mum have a great sense of humour, and trust me, she calls me a lot worse :)

Should be able to get small quantities from here http://www.electrost...k/pages/powders

They do half kg and 5kg :D

Got the Candy Purple from them - they are expensive and not that many colours - but thanks for looking :thumbs:

I do have a local supplier who is a powder coater but I can only have what he has so still looking :)

Should be able to get small quantities from here http://www.electrost...k/pages/powders

My mother has just text me saying she has got us some!

Looks like im going to the Zed shed!

Looks like you are coming to the ZedShed :) - if it's PInk you got then thats what colour I'm dooing your strut brace :p

Edited by Keyser

Got the Candy Purple from them - they are expensive and not that many colours - but thanks for looking :thumbs:

I do have a local supplier who is a powder coater but I can only have what he has so still looking :)

My mother has just text me saying she has got us some!

Looks like im going to the Zed shed!

Looks like you are coming to the ZedShed :) - if it's PInk you got then thats what colour I'm dooing your strut brace :p

Haha I will find out when I stop off later!

Keyser, If I order this:

http://www.electrostaticmagic.co.uk/collections/powders/products/high-chrome

Do you have a spare plenum? I am up for giving this a go!