Potential new owners saying Hi!

Hey everyone,

looking to possibly join you guys and purchase a 350z as my next car.

owned a few jap cars.. mitsubishi fto, galant v6 then the vr4 version n currently own a toyota celica gt4. Unfortunately with many of the greatest jap cars these are starting to show there age so am looking to get something abit newer.

Currently looking into 2004 subaru impreza's, mazda 6 mps's n 350z's, the scooby n mazda's 4wd are quite appealling as ive mainly always had 4wd however ive always loved the look of the 350z n alot of reviews say they are great handling cars considering they are rwd.

The main question i ask myself is that i have about a maximum of £4.5k-5k to spend so i can still pay for insurance n such, I can pick up a nice 2004 scooby with decent miles for about £4k - 4.5k n although i would love to own a 350z im thinking will i be getting a "bottom of the pack" high mileage/ possible problems/ abused for the money, if so id rather get something else n wait a while till i can afford a good 350z.

Given that you guys are probably the best people to ask, what do you think?

sorry for asking for advice on my intro post

• Like 1

Welcome Along :wave:

Nothing wrong with a high milage one . . . provided its been maintained correctly. You should be able to pick up one for 5K ish :thumbs:

Have a look in the buyers guide, lots of info in there

Hello and :welcome:

As DoggyRev said ,you should be able to pick one up for your budget, but will be looking at earlier, higher mileage cars. But don't let the mileage be a deciding factor. If a car has been looked after and serviced regularly, high mileage isn't a huge issue. But for sub £5k, you are at the lower end of the market.

Have a read through here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56870-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/

Good luck with the search.

Welcome and good luck with the search! I saw quite a few for £5k when I was hunting for mine -mostly imports but they had under 100k miles on the clock. If I went for an Impreza the insurance would've been an extra £300 on top of what I pay for the Zed- so you can always factor that into the purchase price :)

As I never tire of saying, 143K on mine and its still a cracker. Just replaced the rear diff bushes and its like a new car :)

If there is a full service history then high miles is not a problem.

(mine has an impecable service history but I'm not selling :p )

Welcome and good luck :)

Edited by Toon Chris