anyone want to start a business moulding 350z parts?

ph 7

You'll need an Autoclave oven as well I think

We've got a Beko oven :lol:

Doubt you'd get an engine cover in there though :lol:

I was going to do this the first time it came round, but as I actually purchased carbon made from one of the guys it wasn't that great, in fact the engine heat distorted the carbon. So clearly whatever was done to it wasn't correct.

Edited by Wasso

that's right it was Scott, he had good intentions, but poor business acumin, dealing with a guy doing the carbon work who was unreliable. the weave pattern was nice, the replacement trim to go round the back of the engine was ok. but I fitted the b pillars for tarmac and they were not the best fit.

those were dan soulby's old moulds, the carbon plenum that never materialised

Scottsoulboy I seem to remember ... last I heard he was on his way to Pamplona for the bull run ... hope he's OK :)

I don't.

Why! Don't you like him D?

He was meant to deliver a plenum. I paid a deposit. Everyone got it back. I pestered him for ages but he just ignored me. I know this sounds weird but there is some weeks where that £100 would have been so so helpful.

those were dan soulby's old moulds, the carbon plenum that never materialised

Scottsoulboy I seem to remember ... last I heard he was on his way to Pamplona for the bull run ... hope he's OK :)

I don't.

Why! Don't you like him D?

He was meant to deliver a plenum. I paid a deposit. Everyone got it back. I pestered him for ages but he just ignored me. I know this sounds weird but there is some weeks where that £100 would have been so so helpful.

It's not weired. £100 would help me a lot at the moment.

I think it's a shame when things like this happen on here as it's like being ripped off by a member of your own family!

• Like 1

was a shame he never actually produced the plenum, it did have potential

In sure it was a LOOOOOONG way off, if the covers warped, what would happen to the plenum?

Making a plenum function as ours currently do requires some decent equipment and considerable R&D.

I would never have bought one knowing what I know now about plenums.

He never did any of the work himself, he farmed it out to a little company in S****horpe. Even he knew the quality was poor and he was looking to source another manufacturer in Kirton in Lindsey near Lincolnbaggie

Edited by ATTAK Z