Hi all - moving from BMW Z4 to 350z or 370z soon !

• 2 weeks later...

Still here.... but there will be a delay in getting my first Z.

Due to unforseen circs, it is going to be a little later in the year before I can seriously look at getting my first Z. It hasn't stopped me reading up and learning stuff along the way though. This forum is a gold mine of information so a massive thanks to all you guys who contribute on here.

I think (and hopefully won't alienate myself from half of you) that I will hold out for a 370z in the end. Er indoors want me to have a roadster, but I like the coupe. Not sure which way that will go :-)

I really must try to get along to one of your meets soon. Hopefully my 5 series won't be unwelcome !

I'm based in the Midlands so will look out for any 370z meets in this neck of the woods. Hopefully, I can get a good look at a few Z's then as they are like hens teeth in local Nissan dealers.

Another thing I'm really trying to learn about is the differing spec levels. One "Must Have" for me is Sat Nav. Are there different levels of sat nav available on the 370 ?

Thanks again guys and hope to meet some of you in the not too distant future :thumbs:

Still here.... but there will be a delay in getting my first Z.

Due to unforseen circs, it is going to be a little later in the year before I can seriously look at getting my first Z. It hasn't stopped me reading up and learning stuff along the way though. This forum is a gold mine of information so a massive thanks to all you guys who contribute on here.

I think (and hopefully won't alienate myself from half of you) that I will hold out for a 370z in the end. Er indoors want me to have a roadster, but I like the coupe. Not sure which way that will go :-)

I really must try to get along to one of your meets soon. Hopefully my 5 series won't be unwelcome !

I'm based in the Midlands so will look out for any 370z meets in this neck of the woods. Hopefully, I can get a good look at a few Z's then as they are like hens teeth in local Nissan dealers.

Another thing I'm really trying to learn about is the differing spec levels. One "Must Have" for me is Sat Nav. Are there different levels of sat nav available on the 370 ?

Thanks again guys and hope to meet some of you in the not too distant future :thumbs:

You wont regret it and will love the zed. Where abouts in the midlands are you based, im often back at my parents in hereford if you wanted to meet up and check out a black rose roadster :)

Hi Jack,

You're more than welcome to come along to our next West Mids mini meet on 30th March http://www.350z-uk.c...day-30th-march/

Doesn't look like there'll be any 370's there (unless Will fancies a drive), but there will be a mix of coupe and roadster 350's.

Damn. I'd have been up for this but Saturday mornings are difficult for me. I have to take the kids for Piano tuition. I know Becketts as well because I built the extension on the BaMMOT museum just down the road.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for other events. Saturday afternoons are a little better for me.

this might help as well to compare coupe and convertible in the same lovely colour (not poo) :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.c...ge__hl__edition

Great link - thanks ioneabee. Unfortunately, it hasn't helped on little bit. The Roadster AND the Coupe are just gorgeous and I'm finding it difficult to favour one over the other.

The colour is spot on though. Black Rose isn't it ?

Mind, they look good in all colours....... :)

Damn. I'd have been up for this but Saturday mornings are difficult for me. I have to take the kids for Piano tuition. I know Becketts as well because I built the extension on the BaMMOT museum just down the road.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for other events. Saturday afternoons are a little better for me.

Just tell 'em their tutor is away for Easter and to stay at home and practice 'chopsticks' whilst you pop out for a couple of hours :thumbs:

But failing that, no worries, there will be another meet in April, so keep an eye on the regional thread.

I certainly will !

I've just spent the best part of two hours talking about Zeds with 'er indoors. Unusual for her to talk about cars at all. she normaly walks off while I'm in full flight but today she has admitted that the 370s are good looking motors in Coupe & Roadster form.

Will, if I can get a couple of hours to myself over the weekend, I'll PM you. Hereford isn't that far away really :0)

I certainly will !

I've just spent the best part of two hours talking about Zeds with 'er indoors. Unusual for her to talk about cars at all. she normaly walks off while I'm in full flight but today she has admitted that the 370s are good looking motors in Coupe & Roadster form.

Will, if I can get a couple of hours to myself over the weekend, I'll PM you. Hereford isn't that far away really :0)

Well i am at a wedding in guildford saturday but should be in hereford Friday to Tuesday. Be aware though it could lead to the outflow of considerable funds to put a big smile on your face. Send me a pm if you want to meet up - more than happy to take you for a spin in Rosie

• Like 1

Jack, on a side note, I think this not only gives you an idea what the cars are like, especially if you meet up with Will (Rosie is goooooooooooorgeous BTW), but I think this has also given you a feel for what THIS FORUM is like, aswell as its members.

Not sure of your previous and/or current cars have meant you're a member of a BMW forum, but from what I gather from posts and friends that are Beemer owners, the forums aren't that, erm, 'welcoming'.

This place certainly adds to the Zed ownership experience :thumbs:

• Like 1

Actually 14N, you're not far wrong.

I am a member of other Beemer forums and they are not as welcoming as you have been on here.

On the one forum, I needed a question answered and after politely asking was told to go away and RTFM !

I would have done so, but the Z4 had not come with a manual, and I was awaiting delivery of a new one from them.

As I am a moderator on another (non motoring) forum, I am all too aware of being welcoming to new members. I think this aspect is very important and one I pride myself on.

It is my primary aim to get my own 370z sometime this year, and when I do, you can count on my being on here and posting on a regular basis. I am a very keen detailer too and spend a fortune keeping my cars immaculate. I'm also a very keen photographer so expect to see plenty of pictures of mine when I get it !

• Like 1

On the one forum, I needed a question answered and after politely asking was told to go away and RTFM !

I would have done so, but the Z4 had not come with a manual, and I was awaiting delivery of a new one from them.

I think it is a true reflection of this forum that I had no idea what "RTFM" meant. It was only when I read your next line that I figured it out :lol:

It is my primary aim to get my own 370z sometime this year, and when I do, you can count on my being on here and posting on a regular basis. I am a very keen detailer too and spend a fortune keeping my cars immaculate. I'm also a very keen photographer so expect to see plenty of pictures of mine when I get it !

You're gonna fit right in.... :thumbs: