Stillen vs.......

Jetpilot

Well the time is getting closer, a few parts remaining from my breaking Rx7 so i am hot on the 350z trail.

It looks like i will get a standard one and then fi at some stage, hopefully soon.

I have been doing a lot of reading and searching, looking at others builds and the fi z list.

No one running a Stillen on there though? I know they have to have that ugly bonnet bulge and if i got one, i think i would get my mate to fab me up something far nicer. But the question is, why are there not more Stillens?

It may sound odd, but in my searches, they just sound stunning and dont want a silent kit or think i would just go the turbo route!

Because the Stillen makes less power than a NA z with a tune. A search would have revealed all :yawn:

Bit harsh Ian - you in a bad mood?

A stillen will make a good 10WHP more than an N/A Zed (unless the N/A Zed had aftermarket cams and ITB's :cloud9: )

:lol:

Then perhaps you should learn how to use the search function instead of cluttering up the FI section with amateurish questions :)

I did :) A search for Stillen didnt seem to bring up much at all, but thanks for your interjection, i am guessing you knew everything from day one ;)

Then perhaps you should learn how to use the search function instead of cluttering up the FI section with amateurish questions :)

I did :) A search for Stillen didnt seem to bring up much at all, but thanks for your interjection, i am guessing you knew everything from day one ;)

No, I just did my own fecking research rather than relying on everyone else to put it on a plate for me :)

No, I just did my own fecking research rather than relying on everyone else to put it on a plate for me :)

I did a search under Stillen, four pages of not a lot of info as to "why", so, i thought i would ask. ;)

Stillen sounds awesome but is a little down on power compared to the others. You would probably get between 350 and 380fwhp if you go stage 3 with supporting mods.

The others give an easy 400 for a bit less money. Oh and they are far from quiet!

If you are serious about the Stillen you could pm Mr F, he has one fitted and tuned to circa 380hp.

Does not the absence of anything helpful to be found on a 350 forum that has by far the largest following in the UK, not tell you something.....................?

Its not often as simple as that is it, there are often popular choices for good reason, support, parts etc doesnt always mean a not so popular choice is bad and seeing as there was no real mention of any faults i thought i would ask, seems to have rubbed a few up the wrong way so will leave it there.