eBay induction

FUG

Hi has anyone had experience with the cheap induction kits off eBay similar to the one in the attached photo? I notice a lot of them come up for sale on eBay and there are always multiple bids , chances Are someone on here may have one? I currently have a pop charger but im after the polished intake pipe from the ebay kit as its lot cheaper to do it tht way than a Berks or similar pipe, I'm guessing performance wise it doesn't Add anything anyway its purely for aesthetics only problems may be fitment, quality etc ?? Any advice welcome

post-16529-0-34633200-1361220355_thumb.jpg

I have no experience with these, but the old saying "you get what you pay for" is almost always true with very few exceptions! The tube may be cheaper than the Berks, but will it corrode after 5 mins and start to chip / flake?

Buy cheap, pay twice?

Yeah quality and fitment are my main concerns especially with engine heat.

Trouble is for the sake of a piece of metal tubing I don't necessarily want to shell out big bucks , as for buying twice I could probably buy the eBay kit 6-7 times for the price of a Berks :lol:

Ha ha cool matey.

There's not a great deal more I can make without getting CAD and R&D involved. Would love to design a few exhausts, but don't have any experience of such.

There's also some testing going on as we speak for the upper plenum. I'm awaiting further info, test then publish as another service.

Hi has anyone had experience with the cheap induction kits off eBay similar to the one in the attached photo? I notice a lot of them come up for sale on eBay and there are always multiple bids , chances Are someone on here may have one? I currently have a pop charger but im after the polished intake pipe from the ebay kit as its lot cheaper to do it tht way than a Berks or similar pipe, I'm guessing performance wise it doesn't Add anything anyway its purely for aesthetics only problems may be fitment, quality etc ?? Any advice welcome

*Cough* Japspeed @*!# on eBay again *Cough

• 1 month later...

my car had one of these on when i bought it or something similar, i didnt like it, i removed it cut down the pipe and fitted it back on with a std airbox never had any problems with it although not the greatest fit but i didnt have the oem pipe so had to make do.

20130112_161541a_zpsd3d371fe.jpg