Advice needed on running without undertray.

flyboy

Finally got round to changing the belts today as its sunny.

Dont think the undertray has ever been off before and ripped a couple of clips then sheared a bolt in the bottom of the radiator mountng bracket.

I dont have enough clearance to drill it out so I may have to run without an undertray until I can get it up on a ramp.

Will the front bumper be stiff enough without the undertray???

Your advice please, those in the know???

Yeah Viks right, you are running a risk without anything at all, bumper should be ok, I had the plastic crappy one held on for months with cable ties so no strength added by having it on but it at least protected the underneath of engine.

I have a few Zspeed undertrays in stock if you want a permanent fix

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Your issue will be when you come across places that are being resurfaced and you get hundreds of little stones bouncing up off the road, they hit the bottom of your engine and bounce around in the bottom of the engine bay in every direction usually meaning your radiator gets damaged.

I agree some cars might not have them but if they are there to start with its probably because the layout of the engine bay means its necessary. I wouldn't leave it off for too long

^^^^Tinyflier, I'm totally with you there. The undertray along with the wheelarch liners are important when it comes to directing air under/around/over the car. Not so much when pootling around town. I've read this before but can't remeber for the life of me where.