Me and My Zed Thread

14N

Your mirror mounting brackets look good. I just noticed how poor mine looked today. Did you have to remove them from the car, or were you able to do a good enough job by taping up around them?

Cheers. No I left them on the car. Just lowered the windows and masked everything up. I made sure I was still able to fold the mirrors in/out and did so with each light coat. Otherwise you'll end up with an unprinted part if you don't. The longest part of the job is all the masking up!

• 2 weeks later...

21.07.2013 - 94705 Miles

This weekend saw me fitting new discs and pads to the rear, spending a little more time on the engine bay dress up and fitting my newly acquired K1 exhaust.

I've replaced a few more bolts and fasteners and added the silver/grey conduit. Also painted the front part of the engine block with engne enamel. Think it looks alright now :)

SAM_2080_zps71735c40.jpg

After cleaning and polishing the K1 I swapped with my 'spare' K2, it was time to fit it. Was unsure whether to leave the bumper tucked or not, but with the size of the rear cans (and the fact I like it), I decided to leave it. I also painted the bungs with some black BBQ paint I had spare.

SAM_2088_zps5ed6b764.jpg

Blimey it's LOUD! But it sounds so good! Hello neighbourhood, my Zed just woke up, and it sounds ANGRY! :teeth::bose:

Then gave her a wash and polish and thought I'd head off to my favourite deserted retail park to take a few pics in the sunshine. Who says grey doesn't shine? B)

SAM_2091_zps0af16f0a.jpg

SAM_2093_zps0f07bb0a.jpg

SAM_2095_zps34194d8e.jpg

SAM_2097_zps264da7d3.jpg

SAM_2096_zps4ed87f4b.jpg

SAM_2098_zps31da7219.jpg

SAM_2099_zps89685509.jpg

I love my Zed :snog:

Edited by 14N

Whats plasticote? My wing mirror brackets are looking a bit worn so wouldnt mind trying it :)

And how do you do a bumper tuck witb cable ties? Not sure if it will look good with mine but if no need to drill I can give it a shot

Edited by ddcboyle

• 3 weeks later...

11.08.2013 - 95288 Miles

Although I was pleased with my last attempt at smartening up my engine bay with silver and grey, it was, dare I say, a bit, erm, dull. So I thought I'd have a go at version 2.0.

Bring on the orange! :teeth:

SAM_2107_zps6fe1e437.jpg

SAM_2161_zps66091d3c.jpg

SAM_2160_zpsd1e11dc5.jpg

• Like 2

I thought I might, but I just had to finish it for Zedfest.

It originally was going to be my bank holiday project, but orange bits started to arrive, and then I would "test fit - just to see" and that was it, game over. :lol:

but they would work really well.....and we could swop steering wheels to match :teeth: trip to the zed shed plus a zed shed elite sticker...come on man,whats wrong with you.

+1

Orange seats are the way ahead :p