Kwik Fit What a "Rip Off"..!

WhackyWill

Just glad that your son had sense enough to walk away from them :thumbs: sure he'll find someone to pop those pads in for him :)

Does Sheffield Uni have a Car club? if yes amd sure one of the spanner geeks in the club would help your son out for a couple of beers - worked for my daughter when she was at Bournemouth Uni!

David

Mike Brewer, of Wheeler Dealers fame, has just opened a garage in Sheff and whilst I doubt he's got Edd China in the workshop you'd hope that the wouldn't rip you off! I think it's down near Bramhall Rd,

S.

"old out yer and my son, youve just bot ye`self, some brakepads!"

Judging by Mike Brewers negotiation skills on Wheeler Dealers this could be a good place to go. He`ll probably quote you £100, you offer him £20 and he`ll shake your hand on the deal whilst commenting that your "hot to trot".

• Like 1

And if Mike Brewer uses the same parts suppliers that he and Edd use on Wheeler Dealers, the parts will be there the same day - even if they have to order them by post.

Or am I the only one that's noticed that when Edd pulls a part that needs replacing off a car, examines it and then says he'll have to order a new one - when the package arrives, he's still wearing the same clothes? :shrug:

• Like 1

Just to finish off the saga of Kwik Sh1t Rip Off..!!

The job that Kwik Sh1t quoted £392 - 00 to do, my Son

got done at a Garage in Sheffield called Snuff Mill as all he needed was

2 x new front discs. supplied and fitted for £80 - 00.

Kwik Sh1t should be reported to trading standards

they are the biggest "Rip off Merchents" in the business. :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm:

Just to finish off the saga of Kwik Sh1t Rip Off..!!

The job that Kwik Sh1t quoted £392 - 00 to do, my Son

got done at a Garage in Sheffield called Snuff Mill as all he needed was

2 x new front discs. supplied and fitted for £80 - 00.

Kwik Sh1t should be reported to trading standards

they are the biggest "Rip off Merchents" in the business. :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm:

Are you going to report them?

OK, I appreciate this might be like throwing a stick at a wasps nest, but I'm gonna throw it anyway...

Your son originally booked into Kwik Fit to have new pads fitted on the front. They then later contacted him and told him that he also needed new discs all round and quoted nearly £400 for the priviledge.

Understandably he refused to have the work done as he just wanted the pads changed and Kwik Fit refused to change the pads, as he needed discs too. I do agree with this.

I don't agree or accept the fact they told him he needed new discs and pads on the rear too, nor do I agree with the crazy prices the yquoted.

After booking into the indy in Sheffield, it looks like he confirmed that new discs on the front were also needed, which kinda backs up Kwik Fits argument that they refused to carry out the work originally requested (just fit new pads to the front).

I'm not saying Kwik Fit are great, and I'm not saying that they are honest. I'm certainly NOT taking their side in this and think most of their actions and pricing is very wrong.

But refusing to fit new pads with discs that also need replacing. I'm with them on this one. (Awaits onslaught) :stir::boxing::stir:

No onslaught at all. He booked it in for new pads on the front due to the noise the front made on one side

he was under the impression it was just pads, Kwik Sh1t then did a complete brake survey and told him he

needed new discs all around and new pads all around, why did they not advise him as did the indy that he only needed

a set of new discs at the front, he did not even need pads on the front..

Kwik Sh1t told him they would do all the work at £392 - 00 or they would do none of it...!!

When all he needed was new discs on the front at £80 - 00...there's the rip off. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

If all that was needed was new front discs and pads then agree, Kwik Fit handled this very badly. And they've lost a customer.

But on the plus side, it looks like your son has found a local Indy he can trust. Every cloud.... :thumbs:

That's fine 14N but his car been off the road for a week and the time

going back and forward to Kwik @*!#, not even a sorry.

They haven't just lost one customer but none of his mates at Uni will ever go near Kwik Sh1t Sheffield either.

Not very good business practice.

:thumbdown: