Is anyone Prince2 or BSC qualified?

Ricey

Any recommendations on course providers etc?

Got a reasonable amount of practical experience but as I'm possibly not possibly maybe will but maybe probably won't be made redundant depending whether my ****ing ass ****ing turd sucking ball ****ing god damn mother ****ing ass gnawing winnet eating @*!# stabbing god for ****ing saken bastard of an employer ever makes its mind up I may or may not be in a position to take the time to get a few more qualifications under my belt.

And before anyone asks.....no I don't live in bastard Wales so I will have to ****ing pay for it myself whilst the grasping Welsh get it for **** all.

I'm not in a good mood of late somehow.

Steph's ICEB using Prince 2 methodology, she did her's with Parity. (she just needed the ticket after years of doing it)

She say goggle will tell you the providers, as they are all much the same. :shrug:

Also check out 'The Knowledge Academy' loads of info, but can't recommend as not used them.

So all in all not much use from here.

Prince 2 free in Wales? Ummm not that I'm aware of! Uni courses maybe! Some funding depending on quals and objective areas but that feature was also available in England via react and business link schemes!

Guess it all depends on what type of pm'ing you want to and what industry sector?! If you wanted to go into say CRM or web then personally I'd say you're wasting your time with prince 2 and would recommend looking at scrum or Kanban.

Traditional hardware and infrastructure can and do still benefit from traditional prince - projtraining and knowledge academy have both been quite good. I've also found some of the smaller providers often provide better services! Ill try and hunt down the provider we've used in the past but being in web were moving more to agile or relaxed prince 2/waterfall

Prince 2 free in Wales? Ummm not that I'm aware of! Uni courses maybe! Some funding depending on quals and objective areas but that feature was also available in England via react and business link schemes!

Guess it all depends on what type of pm'ing you want to and what industry sector?! If you wanted to go into say CRM or web then personally I'd say you're wasting your time with prince 2 and would recommend looking at scrum or Kanban.

Traditional hardware and infrastructure can and do still benefit from traditional prince - projtraining and knowledge academy have both been quite good. I've also found some of the smaller providers often provide better services! Ill try and hunt down the provider we've used in the past but being in web were moving more to agile or relaxed prince 2/waterfall

Free if your made redundant (something like 1500 squid of retraining handouts to snaffle).

It's finance/ banking at the moment but I'm keen to diversify!

They are the 2 that I've seen mate but as they were both very cheap comparatively I thought they might be a gang of bronco's so that's a useful recommendation.

Edited by Ricey

Steph's ICEB using Prince 2 methodology, she did her's with Parity. (she just needed the ticket after years of doing it)

She say goggle will tell you the providers, as they are all much the same. :shrug:

Also check out 'The Knowledge Academy' loads of info, but can't recommend as not used them.

So all in all not much use from here.

Not really mate......the main thing I was worried about were the cheapo companies being utterly crap which by the sounds of it they're actually just good value. :thumbs:

I was sent on a Prince 2 practitioner course by my company. Think they used redtray as the provider for materials and a weeks teaching. Very intense course (if you do practitioner in one week) , but well worth doing... even if it's just to write on CV! :)

Hope that helps.

I was sent on a Prince 2 practitioner course by my company. Think they used redtray as the provider for materials and a weeks teaching. Very intense course (if you do practitioner in one week) , but well worth doing... even if it's just to write on CV! :)

Hope that helps.

That's the one I'm hoping to do bud......foundation and practitioner in a 5 day course.

Is it expensive to do the course? Have you thought about moving to Wales for a week or two :stir:

ChrisS does have a big and cosy looking garage if I member rightly!

It's about 600 nicker from the cheaper companies so not horrific.

Edited by Ricey

I'm currently home studying for mine. There was a group on deal (I know sounds strange) but its with Greenwich University via a web portal.

Course material is well presented and easy to understand with mock exams etc. then you just book the exam and attend.

Yep - the ReAct scheme in Wales is pretty good for that. Friends have used it in the past for god knows what. One even used it to do his HGV tests and exams while another used it for Taxi training! lol

Just be checking in with our PM manager here and she recommended RedTray as well so def have a look. Apparently Projtraining wasn't that good so ignore my initial recommendation! lol

SX Dave - is that the Greenwich community college one? you finding it good? they were offering the course through groupon as well with a bloody wicked discount :( Sorry Ricey!

I did both my foundation and practitioner in Leeds, but the company I did it with have offices all over. Not sure they are the cheapest, but they got me through both courses, so was money well spent (By my company)!

http://www.qa.com/certification-programmes/project-and-programme-management-certifications/prince2/prince2-foundation-and-practitioner/

Details of courses above and I think they also now offer an e-learning version which would reduce the time needed in "the classroom".

Mad hatter, yeah that's the one was the same group on deal. It's only foundation but was £200 all in, I think so couldn't turn it down. It's good welll presented web videos and easy to recap review etc. Only down side was a deadline on the revision material.