Motrodyne Plenum Spacer???

PSY

Hi all have just brought my 53reg 52000miles z! Love the car and have loved them for a while! Have just brought k&n typhoon. Got k2 japspeed exhaught on order! Wanted to know about the Motrodyne Plenum Spacer? Don't really know much about it, what it does, gains and what effects it has on the engine life?

Welcome to the club PSY. There are plenty of information on this in the forum but if you really want something effective, try an find Plenum Spacer which is ceramic not metallic as they reduce heat transfer giving a better cooler intake.

And how many HP is a non metallic spacer going to give you?

The entire plenum is Aluminium, I would be amazed if a non metallic spacer a fraction of the mass content of the plenum will make any difference what so ever.

Furthermore, for every 10 deg F you reduce intake temps, you'll gain 1% horsepower (there are also other factors to take into account such as humidity). I'd like to see how a non-metallic spacer is going to save the day in reducing 10 deg's or more!

So for instance if you're pushing 250hp to the hubs, that's an increase of 2.5hp for every 10 deg's lower intake temps.

If you want to compare the motordyne, mine and the non-metallic feel free to purchase one of mine. I've undergone huge research in creating the spacer, as like to the thermal properties of the gasket and the aluminium spacer itself.

Ha, if we are going to talk about a few HP here and there, then IMHO the both of your spacers and any other modification that gives you 5 BHP is a waste of time all together - Probably equates to having the wind behind you in a drag race, or shitting out a couple of pounds before getting in your car!

*Bang heads together*

Ha, if we are going to talk about a few HP here and there, then IMHO the both of your spacers and any other modification that gives you 5 BHP is a waste of time all together - Probably equates to having the wind behind you in a drag race, or shitting out a couple of pounds before getting in your car!

*Bang heads together*

hahaha. lol true.