Motrodyne Plenum Spacer???

PSY

That's a shame probably because you're afraid to put money on it.

Okay so you can get the exact same spacer and trust me mine is to spec! But mine is anodised and doesn't use silicon based bonding agent Motordyne use which over time breaks down. Trust me I know!

• Like 1

How about asking someone who actually has dyno'ed and compared?

As there isn't we can only go by logic about heat transfer.

Anyone can make a alu spacer but Motordyne does offer the Iso Thermal system.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/

How about Mark@Abbey?

Quote: "I wouldn,t bother with thermal spacer kits never seen any gain from turning the water off through the throttle body."

Source: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/40912-plenum-spacers/page__hl__plenum

Ha, if we are going to talk about a few HP here and there, then IMHO the both of your spacers and any other modification that gives you 5 BHP is a waste of time all together - Probably equates to having the wind behind you in a drag race, or shitting out a couple of pounds before getting in your car!

*Bang heads together*

On the Revup the spacer combined with the MREV2 can actually achieve good numbers. Anything from 10-20hp. But it's more about the torque increase. Mid range is very noticeable over stock.

The point is you could look at one mod and say ok 5 or even 10hp, yes it's insignificant in comparison to the actual BHP currently being produced. Amalgamate a number of NA mods, such as high flow cats, de-cats, exhaust etc the 5 or 10 is added to the other mod BHP increases.

For me the collection of mods and Uprev made a light and day comparison to how the car was oem.

Welcome to the club PSY. There are plenty of information on this in the forum but if you really want something effective, try an find Plenum Spacer which is ceramic not metallic as they reduce heat transfer giving a better cooler intake.

Adam Z1 "the fancy gaskets (no matter who they are from) are a great marketing tool, but useless in the real world. Everything in the engine bay is aluminum, everything gets extremely hot. Short of ceramic coating everything that emits heat, from the block, to the heads, to the plenums, to the intake pipe, etc, the heat issue is going to be present. Really not a concern when the car is moving anyway"

Source:-http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/18129-which-plenum-spacer-is-best/

For what its worth, BigPhil (for those that remember him) used to say the Thermal version was marketing BS too. Also in the UK the TB coolant shut off valve can be dangerous if you forget you've turned it off. I seem to remember one temps below something like 5-10C it has to be open to stop the TB frosting over so if you have it closed in the summer and forget to open it when you get the first cold morning after, it could potentially knacker the TB.