cheap OBD2 reader

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi

Ordered a OBD2 reader from ebay ( £31 inc delivery from Japan) and it arrived 2 weeks later and plugged it in and within 20 seconds of programming in vehicle manufacturer it worked and displayed my codes for me. There were actually no codes stored, but nice to know if i needed to look I could retrieve them.

Every now and then ebay can deliver some nice toys!

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi Folks

the reader came from OKBIDSHOP 2011 on ebay. its number was 160918631423.( just put this number in search box and up it comes)

they are closed until feb 15th (chinese spring festival)

they have more at the same price!!

Cheers

JohnUKVetteNut

sorry dont know how to "post link"

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we need a clear definitive list of works with JDM or not and if someone has found one that works with JDM post a link and be clear it works with JDM

I have a Cheap eBAY EML327 type doesn't display realtime information from torque as will test to see if it can read a fault code

• 5 months later...

Not sure why you would need to update it as the 350z is an old car maybe for new cars or manufacturers not listen on the menu. I have never had the engine management light on while using this but it has shown previous codes for air/fuel issues and it cleared them fine.

Ok so what am I doing wrong, I have so far bought 3 codes readers and not 1 will connect to the car (all have said for jap cars). plug it in, scroll to nissan it then looks like it is connecting scrolling through stuff and then comes up communication error. All of them . My son-in-law is a mechanic brings his home from the garage plugs it in reads it no problem ( an expensive 1 ) it is always a misfire code but that will be for another thread