Advice - Purchasing 350z without full SH

Meeko

Hi all,

Been looking for a 350Z revup or 313 for a while and having just missed out on one in NI, I've found this one in Scotland:

http://www.caldermotor.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-350-z-3-5-v6-313-gt-3dr-east-calder-201301497307740

Top spec with parking sensors and nav.

I've checked the Service history and it's not been done every 9k or 12 months. It's never had a P3 and missed plugs/coolant changes.

12/07/08 7446 miles - P1

28/07/09 14754 miles - P2

03/08/10 28739 miles (oil change only) - local MOT garage, not Nissan

04/04/11 40083 miles (brake fluid) - P1

04/7/12 44971 miles - P1

Would you advise leaving this one given it's not got full Nissan SH?

Thanks for your advice!

Meeko

It wouldn't bother me. The oil has been changed very year. Coolant change whilst in the service guide generally doesn't get done by Nissan unless you ask. Brake fluid I have rarely ever seen changed on service history so it is good that it has been done at least once. Spark plugs are 50k rated so they will need doing soon.

I would check the MOT history online for advisories to get a fuller idea of the car.

The service history would not bother me that much as long as oil had been done at least yearly and the price reflected the lack of fsh. If it was me I'd be looking for a big discount on the sticker price of that one. I would check if its still on the original discs and pads and what life is left on tyres as well.

There are a few members not too far from the car why don't u ask if someone will have a look over it for you

I bought a 2006 with some service history missing as the previous owner was a club member and did it himself..

probably better than any garage. Not a problem at all, check the posts here on the Forum on things to look outg for when buying a second hand 350Z

you will find that very helpful.

Enjoy... :drive1

Having reliable first hand reports of main stealers doing a ful 'service' I really wouldn't be worried. A careful and competent home mechanic would beat an FSH hands down- you could guarantee that Mobil 1 was used rather than something from a 500 litre barrel of sea sludge in the corner. Search out a good indy if you don't want to do it yourself but a Nissan stamp on an out of warranty car is vanity.

It wouldn't bother me. The oil has been changed very year. Coolant change whilst in the service guide generally doesn't get done by Nissan unless you ask. Brake fluid I have rarely ever seen changed on service history so it is good that it has been done at least once. Spark plugs are 50k rated so they will need doing soon.

I would check the MOT history online for advisories to get a fuller idea of the car.

+1. I change the oil myself so it wont have FSH but I bet it do a better job than most garages.

Thanks for your advice everyone. I've decided to leave this one as although it's a one owner, the owner definitely didn't look after it. Turns out the front wheels are lightly kerbed, not one tyre on the car is the same make model and couple with the vague history I'll leave it.

The search continues :)

Thanks for your advice everyone. I've decided to leave this one as although it's a one owner, the owner definitely didn't look after it. Turns out the front wheels are lightly kerbed, not one tyre on the car is the same make model and couple with the vague history I'll leave it.

The search continues :)

Good luck with the search....there are plenty out there so the right one will come along.

Posted · Hidden by Ebized, February 6, 2013 - Reported post dealt with
Hidden by Ebized, February 6, 2013 - Reported post dealt with

Sorry to jump in but I am about to sell my 07 car. Bought the car 08/11,since then always serviced it myself,it has ,since my ownership,always had Shell engine oil,Motul g/box and diff oil ,also brake/clutch fluid is Motul. The car is just so much nicer now than when I first got it. I'm the second owner,first owner being a woman who worked for Nissan UK Finance,obviously the servicing was performed by Nissan,but it is a lot nicer now!