Thoughts on this 313 GT from NI

Meeko

Hi all,

I've been looking for a 350z revup for a while and ideally a 313. Budget is £9k and I've found this one from NI. The last service was 9 months late but it only covered 2000 miles in that time and the recent one is 2 months late (trader will service before purchase). It's had 3 owners, first being a Nissan demo car.

I'm tempted and would need to ferry it back to England. I'd be really interested in your thoughts on it. It's got good Kumho tyres all round and may be on original clutch. Original bodywork, no paint and a little wear on drivers seat.

http://www.swyliecars.co.uk/147807/stock.htm

Cheers,

Meeko

Looks good from the pictures.

I purchased my Zed from NI privately.

This is my 3rd car i've purchased from NI and touch wood never had any issues.

They are generally cheaper than here in scotland.

Pain in the ass thing is having to import your car into the UK, fill in some masssive stupid form.

48k from original clutch seems a bit too good to true imo, i would check into that. There is a guide on checking clutches somewhere on the forum.

Yes, grey 2007 GT. I'll see if I can check on the clutch. The trader said he had no previous receipts etc

Thanks!

No doubt if it is the original it could go anytime, as I say I bought mine on 68k and the clutch started to get really stiff within 6 months, but a good sign that the car has been driven well in my book :thumbs:

Nah they are for junkies, chavs, minks, jakeys and people who post nonsense

...Nothing but pure quality comes from this poster! At some point in the future perhaps - instead of Z Fanatic - I can have 'Mr. Controversial' :lol:

• Like 1

Strange thing about car prices, I've a mate who recently bought a 911 turbo from the mainland and saved a pretty hefty sum compared to what was going for sale here in the previous 9-12 months. Can't argue with the price of that though! Good find.

Actually, I just checked Parkers, they have an early 07 HR listed as £8950ish for "private good". Not miles away from this one...

Id take Parkers prices with a big pinch of salt. Its not often you see cars privately for the prices they claim you can pick them up for.

£8750 is cheap for a HR. Id have expected this to be nearer the £10k mark. I still see 2003 cars advertised for this price sometimes on ebay.

I sold mine with 41k on it and the clutch was fine. Im surprised this one, if its an ex Nissan car isnt got the sat nav. They used to love spec`ing demo & press cars up to the max. Mine was an ex Nissan press car and had every option in the book on it.

Whats the wear on the drivers seat like? I wouldnt have expected any wear, unless maybe the previous owners havent bothered treating the leather. You normally do get scratches on the drivers door inside handle though.

Id check that the service history has been done right. i.e. P1, P2, P1, P3 etc... Also, at that age it should be due a spark plug change - which on the HR isnt cheap. Depending on how its been driven, id also expect brake pads to be due at that mileage.

All in all looks like a nice clean car on the face of it and a good price.