My S5 pics.

Builder49

Very nice indeed, do like the shape, especially in the S5 guise B)

gotta ask, is there any rear legroom or is it a 2+ shopping bag space :blush:

Genuine rear legroom, but wouldn't want to be an adult in the back on a really long run! My girlfriend has to young lads and they fit quite comfortably.

The real issue is the speed the seat moves at to allow them to get in and out..................................................... SLOW !!!!

At least it has memory reset so it goes back to my driving position.

Looks awesome, how does it compare with the zed in real world mpg?

Had it just over 3 weeks now.

Used to average around the 24mpg in the zed for the type of driving I do. In the S5 i'm averaging about 22mpg.

It's faster than the zed, lighter than the zed, holds the road loads better (quattro).............................. but I have to admit it doesnt sound quite as nice, and because it's so safe on the road it lacks a little of the excitement.

No plans for mods on this one, although Audi do sell chrome tips instead of the standard exhaust tips. I think these are just clip on overlays though? Would seriously be interested in looking at getting Stainless steel tips manufactured and fitted, or dependant on the overall exhaust condition I might look into replacement in something stainless and maybe with a little bit more ROAR! (the V8 makes a nice sound but does seem almost too refined and subtle).

One nice feature though is the sound it makes as soon as you touch the accelerator when at lights or a junction........ apparantly it drops a few spots of petrol into the engine and gives off a little 3 roar blip as you pull away. (Looking forward to that in the summer when the windows are down) ;) Don't know how or why its set up to do it though?

Have to agree it looks fantastic but sad to hear the excitement isn 't there, most Audi's are designed to be fast but safe aren't they, never driven a Quattro but I am guessing from your comments that's the case.

I got the same feeling from the 370's I drove (briefly) they felt faster than the 350 without a doubt but less exciting and less fun, I would rather be driving a 350 at 50 than a less exciting car at 100 and as I am never going to be driving round a track that means I can have fun and keep my license clean too :thumbs:

• Like 1

Very nice indeed, do like the shape, especially in the S5 guise B)

gotta ask, is there any rear legroom or is it a 2+ shopping bag space :blush:

Genuine rear legroom, but wouldn't want to be an adult in the back on a really long run! My girlfriend has to young lads and they fit quite comfortably.

The real issue is the speed the seat moves at to allow them to get in and out..................................................... SLOW !!!!

At least it has memory reset so it goes back to my driving position.

Ah ok,thanks for replying :)

Have to agree it looks fantastic but sad to hear the excitement isn 't there, most Audi's are designed to be fast but safe aren't they, never driven a Quattro but I am guessing from your comments that's the case.

I got the same feeling from the 370's I drove (briefly) they felt faster than the 350 without a doubt but less exciting and less fun, I would rather be driving a 350 at 50 than a less exciting car at 100 and as I am never going to be driving round a track that means I can have fun and keep my license clean too :thumbs:

The difference is that in the Zed, although I never ever lost control even for a second, there is always that little thought in the back of your head that the rear end might feel like going somewhere it likes :D . I loved the thought that it was always possible, but never worried about it.

In the S5 it's noticably faster in acceleration and lighter too, but with 4 wheels planted (albiet 60-40 split) you never feel like it might slip. :(

I've seen them sideways on youtube, but basically only when being hammered on a track........

I love the Audi, but know ill be back for a Zed at somepoint, if only when the recession lifts and I want a real cheap toy.

Oh and the Zed turned more heads (probably the gold wheels :p ) although until you look at mine close up you'd probably think it was just an A5?