Who's Had Steering Lock Failure? Need For Action?

The G Man

As the title suggests, anyone with a 370 who's had this can you please put your name down on this list. I believe, from what I've read on here so far that it seems a pretty common fault in the US. But is it a common one on this side of the pond? I believe that it might well be.

I know there is a possible preventative fix as listed on another thread and that there are a few who have had this happen to their car, but if there is enough evidence then perhaps it may prompt Nissan to do something about it, if presented in the correct way with perhaps some sort of official (trading standards or similar?) help.

This may especially help those who have no warranty left on their car. Can't do any harm.

Can you also put down how old the car was when it happened and when it happened, which dealer sorted it and/or what the dealers/Nissan response was.

1. The G Man, MY10 (60 plate), Dec 2012, Parks of Hamilton, fixed under warranty.

1. The G Man, MY10 (60 plate), Dec 2012, Parks of Hamilton, fixed under warranty.

2. TheMacDaddy, MY10 (10 plate), Autumn 2010, Marshalls Cambridge, fixed under warranty

3 Marconorth, Dec09 (59 plate 10.5K), Dec 2012, Benfield Carlisle, fixed under warranty ( a matter of days before expiry)

Dealer had to first be given 'approval' for the repair by Nissan HQ. Repair duely granted but had to rely on a courtesy car for

three weeks due to the assembly being on back order. Benfield Nissan, Carlisle......consistently good :-)

nissanman312 my (60 plate 7500 m) car was low laoderd into coliers nissan birmingham was told it would be done by the 18/1/13 and then was notified on this date that the part was on back order so part expected 23/2/13 courtesy car supplied not impresed with service atall

2. TheMacDaddy, MY10 (10 plate), Autumn 2010, Marshalls Cambridge, fixed under warranty

3 Marconorth, Dec09 (59 plate 10.5K), Dec 2012, Benfield Carlisle, fixed under warranty ( a matter of days before expiry)

Dealer had to first be given 'approval' for the repair by Nissan HQ. Repair duely granted but had to rely on a courtesy car for

three weeks due to the assembly being on back order. Benfield Nissan, Carlisle......consistently good :-)

To summerise so far we have.....

3 Marconorth, Dec09 (59 plate 10.5miles), Dec 2012, Benfield Nissan Carlisle, fixed under warranty (just before warranty expiry)

4 Nissanman312 (60 plate 7500miles), Colliers Nisssan Birmingham, being done under warranty. On back order (1month wait!)

THERE MUST BE OTHERS ???????

3 Marconorth, Dec09 (59 plate 10.5miles), Dec 2012, Benfield Nissan Carlisle, fixed under warranty (just before warranty expiry)

4 Nissanman312, (60 plate 7500miles), Colliers Nisssan Birmingham, being done under warranty. On back order (1month wait!)

5 BigSlick, Sep 2009 (59 plate 14000miles), Benfield Nissan Newcastle, (£191 paid for repair with partial contributions from Nissan, point of purchase and Benfield) Car coming up to 4 months OOW.

Edited by BigSlick

• 2 months later...

4 Nissanman312, (60 plate 7500miles), Colliers Nisssan Birmingham, being done under warranty. On back order (1month wait!)

5 BigSlick, Sep 2009 (59 plate 14000miles), Benfield Nissan Newcastle, (£191 paid for repair with partial contributions from Nissan, point of purchase and Benfield) Car coming up to 4 months OOW

6 Nightine, June 2009 (09 plate 26,000 miles, Westway Nissan Stourbridge - Nissan UK (after logging case) paid for part and I paid 1 hours labour (£96). Part ordered Wednesday, fitted Thursday.

Pinned this now and can we ask any 370 owner has had the lock replaced please add their name to the list as the it was the recorded numbers in the US that led to the recall there so the more ammunition we can muster on here the better :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

With much frustration but knowledge that it was inevitable i must now add my name to this list. Rosie is officially dead. Warranty ran out yesterday, almost comical isnt it. This will be fun, got to get the car from hereford to aldershot.

3  Marconorth, Dec09 (59 plate 10.5miles), Dec 2012, Benfield Nissan Carlisle, fixed under warranty (just before warranty expiry)

4  Nissanman312, (60 plate 7500miles), Colliers Nisssan Birmingham, being done under warranty. On back order (1month wait!)

5  BigSlick, Sep 2009 (59 plate 14000miles), Benfield Nissan Newcastle, (£191 paid for repair with partial contributions from Nissan, point of purchase and Benfield) Car coming up to 4 months OOW

6  Nightine, June 2009 (09 plate 26,000 miles, Westway Nissan Stourbridge - Nissan UK (after logging case) paid for part and I paid 1 hours labour (£96). Part ordered Wednesday, fitted Thursday.

7. Will370z MY10 (60 plate 21k miles)

• 3 weeks later...