Posche BoxsterS vs my 350z yesterday!!

rickya

Had a bit of fum yesterday on my private big dual carrigeway with a 55 plate Boxster S. Came up behing at approx 50 gallons per hour dropped down to 3rd waitng for car in front of him to move out of way. Once he did & Porsche floored it I was absoloutely stale mate all the way upto over 90 gallons per hour, though I did have to give it some hitting redline at over 6k revs. It was absoloutely even though I did feel that had it carried on past 90 or 100 he may have slightly edged away. The only place where he was better was on braking upto my private roundabout, the Boxster was more tidy & stable under hard braking, though this may have been due to my later braking which meant I was able to pass on the roundabout. To say I was impressed with the zed would be an understatement!!

ps this spirited driving did however land me in a bit of trouble as 30 mins later I was pulled by an unmarked plod for overtaking some one doing 20 mph for ages in a 50mph road!! I was unreservedly apologetic beyond belief & was let off with a telling off!! :blush::angry: Anyway whether he could have done me in I wasnt going to argue about, though I hadnt commited an offence as such.

ps gallons, - you know what I mean :headhurt:

I remember you looking a bit fed up that day Tim, you really werent impressed with having to tag along in that. :blush:

We still talked to you though. :lol:

it was junk , and the guys on here complain about their wheels bubbling :scare: there was hardly any paint on those rims, the seats were shagged, the dash was falling to pieces and it had only done 30k miles :headhurt:

I remember you looking a bit fed up that day Tim, you really werent impressed with having to tag along in that. :blush:

it was junk , and the guys on here complain about their wheels bubbling :scare: there was hardly any paint on those rims, the seats were shagged, the dash was falling to pieces and it had only done 30k miles :headhurt:

Yes it was simply shagged! :headhurt:

The seat looked like a dog had been at it! :yuck:

How old was it?

How old was it?

2001 I seem to think ??

Nah. The new Boxster isn't much good either. Before getting my Z I tested both the coupe and roadster 350 for a week each and then had a Boxster. It blowed ass! :yawn:

While it was a much smoother delivery of power than the 350 but it didn't feel as raw nor as exciting. This was a 'proper' Boxster too - the S and I was not impressed enough to purchase. And it's even more impractical than the 350 :scare:

The 350 :boxing: Boxster in my opinion....

The 350 :boxing: Boxster in my opinion....

And not as common either :thumbs:

That was probably my main reason for purchasing the zed :thumbs:

Far too common the Boxster is. I pass about 4-5 every day on the way home. I see 1-2 Zeds if I'm lucky. Had a good drive in today, saw a Zed and one car infront a DB9, two of my fav cars :thumbs:

hehe, was that the private dual carriageway called the A41? haha. obviously it was not ;)

Use this stretch of land everyday to get from work and back! A41 from Aylesbury to Kings Langley. We should join up one day - mini exhibition and all that?! :thumbs:

Val it was a 55 plate Boxster S, so I assume it is the new model?

ps the A41 is a great road especially from Watford out towards Tring & Aylesbury. Theres a section before Aylesbury I think which is newly laid 3 miles approx absoloute flat & straight. It cuts across what used to be farm land & makes the journey shorter by a bit, with no exits, slip roads, bridges etc, ideal for driving ......below the speed limit!! ;)

Only thing is its not on most GPS units as newly laid, so just follow A41 straight & disregard GPS.

I did a bit of a road test last Saturday, on the way to the Audi dealer I had a Boxster S with similar results on my private three lane carriageway too. Except the roundabout bit.... :D

Then drove the new 3.2 TT for an hour and then the Cayman S for an hour..........

I did a bit of a road test last Saturday, on the way to the Audi dealer I had a Boxster S with similar results on my private three lane carriageway too. Except the roundabout bit.... :D

Then drove the new 3.2 TT for an hour and then the Cayman S for an hour..........

What did you think of the Cayman as I'm considering one when I change my Zed.

I had a Cayman S a few months ago for an afternoon & it was pretty good. It was very rapid in a straight line & corners; excelent brakes. It was very balanced & easy to drive fast & corner fast. Kind of flat & linear while going round bends. Interior was very high quality, just not too sure about rear end aesthetics & price. In that price range youv got Bmw Z4M coupe; & an older porsche 996 maybe

i drove a boxster s and really didn't enjoy it, it was so dull!! I see them all the time, i park my car in the consultants car park at the hospital and you really do see some very dull looking cars! there isn't a single Z in there though!

i haven't driven a Z yet but i know i will love that!! :yahoo: