Posche BoxsterS vs my 350z yesterday!!

rickya

I did a bit of a road test last Saturday, on the way to the Audi dealer I had a Boxster S with similar results on my private three lane carriageway too. Except the roundabout bit.... :D

Then drove the new 3.2 TT for an hour and then the Cayman S for an hour..........

What did you think of the Cayman as I'm considering one when I change my Zed.

In summary I thought the Cayman was a very good car indeed. Good driving position, very easy to drive around town and village and has an awesome engine when you open it up. I got a strong feeling of almost 3 engines in one, nice up to 4k to move around town, from 4-5.5k a real nice surge of power and beyond that it seemed to kick on again and really put a smile on your face. At this point, my Zed was staying at the dealer and I was going home in a Porsche......

Until I got out of it and looked at it, and it's price tag. A nearly new one with good spec is about £47k. That's not a problem, until I thought how much the Zed is and what you get for that. And it looks stupid from behind, and the debadged version I was driving made it hard to know which was the front and which was the back.....

I was close to doing the deed, but I much prefer the look of my Zed and for that much cash, I'd go for an 04 911. But don't think it's not a good car, it is, and the only mid engine coupe I can think of out there for under £100k!

As for the TT, it had that stupid DSG gearbox in which drove me nuts. Great for the open stuff, but the second you want to just drive through town, damn thing kept shifting down and up all over the place. Quattro feeling through the twisty stuff was great but the gearbox really spoiled it for me.

At the end of the day, when I drove back home in the Zed, I didn't feel disappointed. :)

In summary I thought the Cayman was a very good car indeed. Good driving position,

Interesting that you found the driving postion OK , is the Cayman different to the Boxster S, as I found I couldnt get the seat far enough back to get comfortable in the Boxster S I tried :dry:

In summary I thought the Cayman was a very good car indeed. Good driving position,

Interesting that you found the driving postion OK , is the Cayman different to the Boxster S, as I found I couldnt get the seat far enough back to get comfortable in the Boxster S I tried :dry:

Not got a clue mate, I'm 6'1" and was really comfortable at the wheel. Reach adjustment helped a lot with that...