05 Roadster = £5k...Anyone know this car?

mouldie

Blimey, you lot are picky! It's a £5K ragtop, assuming the roof works then even if it's a cat D it's a good deal. Ventilated net seats, too.

*runs off to raid piggy bank*

I guess i'm being critical as I have an 06 roadster and if thats priced right it means mine wont be worth much more :p

That said I'm not planning on selling mine any time soon and annual my mileage will be half what it used to be as it's becoming more of a leisure car rather than a daily so the price is irrelevant.

I think most comments are providing the OP with info and what could be wrong so if he does take it further they are able to query them.

You lot are obsessed with this, the OP has walked away but you lot cant!

I cant see a post where the OP has "walked away" but even if he has this thread could act as a reference for someone else that wants to take a look at that car.

You lot are obsessed with this, the OP has walked away but you lot cant!

I cant see a post where the OP has "walked away" but even if he has this thread could act as a reference for someone else that wants to take a look at that car.

My sincere apologies my friend, it was badly worded, what I meant was he's no longer posting in this thread.

Next time I'll be more specific with my wording, my bad.

As I am looking for a Roadster for myself I thought I get someone to have a look at this car;

This is what my friend reported after viewing the car;

:

1. Exhaust system buggered in normal place

2. Different tires all round. N/s/r close to markers

3. Roof skin split on both sides where it meets rear 1/4. Drivers side being worse

4. Drive Belts needs doing.

5. Big fat alloy rad. To the extent that the air box doest fit too well.

6. Loads of stone ships on the bonnet.

7. Oil around dip stick hole.

8. Front bumper repainted.

9. Replaced o/s/f wing. Has a different chassis number on it. Chips in paint around the head light too

10. Bumper bar slightly dented. Also had rips in the top of it.

11. Drivers door a tad clunky when shutting and opening. ( could just need lubing up and adjusting.

12. I would say its done more then 55000 miles considering the gear knob and state of engine bay.

doesn't look like it has had major damage as the chassis legs look straight and original.

Normal other stuff needs doing compression arms bushes worn out drop links noisy.

Maybe worth a bid if your up for a little work , will bid them next week.

thanks

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

As I am looking for a Roadster for myself I thought I get someone to have a look at this car;

This is what my friend reported after viewing the car;

:

1. Exhaust system buggered in normal place

2. Different tires all round. N/s/r close to markers

3. Roof skin split on both sides where it meets rear 1/4. Drivers side being worse

4. Drive Belts needs doing.

5. Big fat alloy rad. To the extent that the air box doest fit too well.

6. Loads of stone ships on the bonnet.

7. Oil around dip stick hole.

8. Front bumper repainted.

9. Replaced o/s/f wing. Has a different chassis number on it. Chips in paint around the head light too

10. Bumper bar slightly dented. Also had rips in the top of it.

11. Drivers door a tad clunky when shutting and opening. ( could just need lubing up and adjusting.

12. I would say its done more then 55000 miles considering the gear knob and state of engine bay.

doesn't look like it has had major damage as the chassis legs look straight and original.

Normal other stuff needs doing compression arms bushes worn out drop links noisy.

Maybe worth a bid if your up for a little work , will bid them next week.

thanks

Very interesting feedback, many thanks for this. I don't think this car is of any interest to me but best of luck if you go for it! I can't help thinking it's very good value...