Bye Bye Jessops

So who's going to make a prediction for who's next?

I can't think of anything else as blindingly obvious as Blockbuster, there's no big names left on my local high street....

...apart from WHSmiths... :wink:

Smiths sell a load of random overpriced tat but still seem to keep going :shrug:

its their monopoly at the airports and trainstations

I'm amazed anyone still used BB.

As for Clinton Cards they are way overpriced - in Epsom last year they moved shops in the same Centre just a few doors along from a another card shop that sells ones as good for generally less than a third to half the price of Clintons. No guessing what was the by far the busiest one of the two in the run-up to Christmas. But then postage costs will kill off card shops anyway aside from the internet/email etc options :shrug:

Just seen the massive pile of notices ready to go out to all BB employees

Behind each one is the human side of these closures........v.sad

the executives who are nearly always responsible for these failures will no doubt move on to other well paid jobs, its the employees i have genuine sympathy for

Im a fat beast with a weird body shape

:lol:

As for Clinton Cards they are way overpriced...

They are seriously expensive. You have to take out a mortgage to buy cards from them. I actually found an old school card shop in my local town before Christmas which does cards for 10p & 20p. Which compared to Clintons £4 a card is amazing. I think with places like supermarkets having massive ranges of cards now, most people tend to just buy them at the same time as their weekly shop.

How about places like Maplins? Are they still doing well? Originally when electrical stuff was expensive, they were like radioshack and did a massive trade in electronics etc... but now with everything coming in from China for pennies I cant see many people bother repairing electrical goods etc... And anyone who is into that stuff can just buy it all online anyway.

How about places like Maplins? Are they still doing well? Originally when electrical stuff was expensive, they were like radioshack and did a massive trade in electronics etc... but now with everything coming in from China for pennies I cant see many people bother repairing electrical goods etc... And anyone who is into that stuff can just buy it all online anyway.

I still find Maplins useful for hard to find electronic stuff. Recently bought an external USB dock for browsing my old IDE hard drives.

I still find Maplins useful for hard to find electronic stuff. Recently bought an external USB dock for browsing my old IDE hard drives.

I bought the same but from ebuyer online for a couple of quid....