Stillen Supercharger kit on 370z

robin c

Has anyone in the UK fitted the Stillen Supercharger to a RHD Zed, ideally to a roadster?

http://www.stillen.c...mu037t42evtqmo1

I am toying with the idea in a few months of doing this at the same time as a Uprev.

I can get the kit on US shores and shipped in a 40ft container along with some other bits coming over from our family New Jersey house.

Has anyone in the UK fitted the Stillen Supercharger to a RHD Zed, ideally to a roadster?

http://www.stillen.c...mu037t42evtqmo1

I am toying with the idea in a few months of doing this at the same time as a Uprev.

I can get the kit on US shores and shipped in a 40ft container along with some other bits coming over from our family New Jersey house.

We have a few 370's (both variants) running the Stillen Supercharger over here, RHD.

Kev T has. To his coupe, not convertible.

kev T has a GTM I believe Dip not a stillen.

His was the 1st RHD 370 to have one installed and was following the build Abbey were doing on mine before making

up his mind.

:repost::lol:

Had you not been so quick Dave you will have seen I altered it lol.

• 1 month later...

ok after much deliberations and research I have decided not to do this. The costs soon start to mount to do it properly even if parts sourced and shipped tax free from the states.

The car would need a new strengthened clutch assembly, extra oil cooler and probably a transmission cooler. Brakes would need attention too..Then there is the insurance, my premium will triple.

Decided to enjoy the car as it. Maybe just a uprev when the warranty is up to complement the Hks filters and Invidia system.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all

may I ask a dumb question to the Stillen Supercharger owners among us, since I am planning on getting one myself next year.

Does the Supercharger feature a BOV? I believe it must dump boost at closed throttle just like a Turbo. And if that's the case, is this BOV a closed type or does it dump to atmosphere?

The reason I'm asking is I totally love the BOV sound on Turbo cars (who doesn't :p ) but I never ever heard a BOV sound on supercharger, incl. the Stillen.

Edited by V1H

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

may I ask a dumb question to the Stillen Supercharger owners among us, since I am planning on getting one myself next year.

Does the Supercharger feature a BOV? I believe it must dump boost at closed throttle just like a Turbo. And if that's the case, is this BOV a closed type or does it dump to atmosphere?

The reason I'm asking is I totally love the BOV sound on Turbo cars (who doesn't :p ) but I never ever heard a BOV sound on supercharger, incl. the Stillen.

Mine doesn't have an audible dump. I think this must be the standard configuration for the kit.

The vortech has a "bypass valve" not a "blow off valve" but people call it a BOV anyway. Yes it's pretty loud when you shift under boost. And yes it's open pretty much all the time when you're not going WOT which is a lot of what makes the vortechsound like a jet as you drive down the street. It's the air escaping through the bypass valve to prevent compressor surge and damage from happening to the blower.

;)

• Like 1

I see. Not having a conventional BOV may have to do with the fact that the Supercharger has a rather different way of building boost when compared to a Turbo. And except for max rpm the boost will not be max either but prop to rpm, so a "pshhhh" wouldn't probably be heard at, say 4psi, anyway even if it had a BOV

Cheers ;)