LakeZ 2013, the Evolution June 28th, 29th, 30th

martinmac

Anf for anyone with a mad streak I can probably sort this out for you. :)

Price for two please Martin. Including the must have video. :teeth:

PS anyone who chats to Liam at Wales....DON'T tell him . ;)

Dear God,

I don't ask for much in life so could I please ask that there is no rain the LakeZ weekend. Preferably temperature in the mid twenties.

Anything else is just a bonus.

Amen.

:thumbs:

To be fair, I think every time we've been to that pub its been nice weather - even if a little cold at times - so cant complain really. As soon as someone says it will be nice that's a guarantee it will be wet though!

We get our own climate here due to the proximity of Morecambe Bay Sands.If you remeber last years LakeZ the rest of the country was getting battered and I was sat in my garden in brilliant sunshine. Kendal is pretty wet on days we get nothing. :)

The pub also has heat lamps. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Another little update, this time the raffle.

I try to find prizes which are a little different soo this year, apart from a few items of local produce including the world famous Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding there will be a few specials.

A guy I am seeing in concert tonight has kindly donated a signed cd, I cant post his name as its part of the competition I am running at the moment.

Next Friday I am lucky enough to be going to see the kegend that is Terry Reid, he is doing a gig at a friends house which is pretty amazing. Hes on a UK tour and has a free night so this is something a little speacial He has agreed to donate a signed cd.

There is also a vintage bottle of malt whisky in a presentation jug. It was vintage when it was bought in 1971 so is worth a few quid now. :)

I'm just down the road in Blackpool, if I can get away would it be ok to pop up? I've never met another Zed owner in real life?

The more the merrier mate, look forward to seeing you.

As for the price of skydiving its all on their website.

A little bit more info for all who will be attending. If coming in from the M6 your sat nav will probably bring you in through Grange over sands. This is fine but for those wishing to avoid the traffic and the one BIG speed bump in Grange I would suggest you use an alternative route. Stay on the A590 until you get to the turn off for the Anglers Arms at Haverthwite. ( LA12 8AJ ) Its just one left turn onto Holker Mosses and you will arrive in Cark in Cartmel with the Rose and Crown right ahead of you.

A couple of reminders when driving around here. Tourists drive in the middle of the road. We have lots of horses and cyclist on the lanes. Badgers and foxes routinely dive out into the road and when dead stay there to try and take your bumpers off. Our local deer take great delight in throwing themselves over walls onto your bonnet, a mate has had two cars written off by deer.

Its starting to look pretty busy but if the weather is as good as predicted the camping area may get busy. The fallback position would be this place which is two miles away.

http://cartmelcamping.co.uk/facilities.html

Hmmm skydive..... Always wanted to do that.

Price would be good :thumbs:

Darren is checking when he gets home re what work he has for the weekend of this.. If all is well, the skydiving would be a go if weather is OK.

ChrisS

Liam

Wasso

Darren

You never know with Lord Mac, if there are enough of us he might get a discount or mates rates for us. :)

( 230 quid but the weight limit is 15 stone Ian, can you make that ? :p :p :lol: )

Darren is checking when he gets home re what work he has for the weekend of this.. If all is well, the skydiving would be a go if weather is OK.

ChrisS

Liam

Wasso

Darren

You never know with Lord Mac, if there are enough of us he might get a discount or mates rates for us. :)

( 230 quid but the weight limit is 15 stone Ian, can you make that ? :p :p :lol: )

He should be ok because he'll be skydiving instead of eating all our brownies on saturday!

ChrisS

Liam

Wasso

Darren

Checked my personal diary & I`m FREE :yahoo:

Now have to check the works schedule, fingers crossed

& Skydiving Yes please, do you reckon SMD will lend me his Batman outfit?