Busters Other Christmas Present

Keyser

We fitted Busters other Christmas present today -

I recently acquired this from NeilP

bobcap_zps12d140d3.jpg

After a good clean, sand down and some primer I added a coat of Buster's favourite colour paint followed by 3 clear coats, today we fitted it,

DSCF3049_zps01b96c39.jpg

DSCF3048_zpsa16e2eeb.jpg

DSCF3047_zps46567629.jpg

Glad you like it mate :thumbs:

Looks nice and shiny but for those like myself who does not have a clue, what the truck is it? :surrender:

You trying to blow Bob up with a time bomb :lol:

Lol no Humpy its a power cap, this is intended to be an in line capacitor so when the amp pulls more current due to heavy bass use the power pull doesn't cause the lights to dim and as the extra demand is needed the power cap provides it instantly offering better bass response and clarity of sound :p

how the capacitor works.

the capacitor is like a huge battery with a short memory span. when you turn your stereo on, it charges up to full voltage; power fills the capacitor every time you start your car. when you turn off your car, it still holds the charge, and will continue to do so until it is drained. this means you will have it appear as if it is still on after you shut the car off. it isn't retrieving any more power from your battery; rather, it is slowly going to drain as it cannot sustain a charge for a long period of time.

it is normal operation for it to display "on" long after the car has been shut off. it will not drain your battery this way. again, this is just how capacitors work. :)

Edited by buster