How to - Make a grounding kit (VQ35DE)

glrnet

next job will be to replace them for red items :teeth:

I'd have gone Orange personally as its quite a bold colour, and will match the engine bay paintwork, then get a Orange spacer from me :wink:

plenum whore :lol: :wink:

Plenums and Spacers is all I've done for the last year.... I even went to the doc's the other day and said "doc, I've got a problem with my plenum" he said he couldn't help me and to speak with Zmanalex :lol:

Actually they are quite nice Bob.

As Mr G says, if you need anything off the Pro-Bolt website I can get them at favoured rates.

I was going to test some panel fasteners which Pro-Bolt have asked me to test but I've taken my car home this morning so that I can have a drink :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Time to share the love fellow Zedders, How to get More choices of cabling colours believe it or not all my cables are red and after spending a while looking for a yellow power cable and finding nothing suitable or not extorianate at the time i thought of a simple cheap solution.

20130112_161610.jpg

How i did it was follow a usual guide for grounding kit using any colour cable you can find then i purchased plenty of yellow heatshrink and covered my cables in the heatshrink and there you go a yellow grounding kit.

Heat shrink is available in many colours from places like farnell, rs, hellerman tyton etc but i used an ebay seller

heatshrink-online

but many others listed with a whole range of colours

hope this helps a few out.

the grounding kit i made off the car, just a simple job of cutting wire to length, then slide heatshrink over but leave extra on due to shrinkage apply heat then crimp your terminals on and install on the car. the loom part on the side was a bit tricker, but i removed the cables from the distribution point of the battery removed all the air box and engine coverand freed the cables from all the clips, then slid the heat shrink over the plastic condiut which can be quite tricky if you go all the way then apply the heat then try to re assemble it all that can be a bugger but i think its worth it in the end

• 2 years later...