Got my Zed today

mrchic

Hi all

Took the plunge and purchased a 04 350z GT in Gun metal today.(80000)

Very happy so far.. and i'm sure i will find all the info on here, but just a few quick safety questions.

1. Air bag light flashing, and there's a nismo steering wheel in the boot, so obviously has been on the car. i should get this checked out right? maybe the original steering wheel not set right.

2. passenger door light lit, although door closed, is this a sensor issue.

3. intermittent squealing on start up, just looking in the service book for latest service and says + 2x rubbed belts, not sure what that means.

Thanks

will be back once i've seen car in the proper daylight :smile:

Edit: it has a K & N air filter also, is that a mod in insurance terms, thanks

Edited by mrchic

Hi all

Very happy so far.. and i'm sure i will find all the info on here, but just a few quick safety questions.

1. Air bag light flashing, and there's a nismo steering wheel in the boot, so obviously has been on the car. i should get this checked out right? maybe the original steering wheel not set right.

3. intermittent squealing on start up, just looking in the service book for latest service and says + 2x rubbed belts, not sure what that means.

Thanks

Congratulations, you'll love it.

You bought it without seeing it in daylight and not asking about service history etc?

Hi all

Thanks

Congratulations, you'll love it.

You bought it without seeing it in daylight and not asking about service history etc?

sorry bit misleading, meant ill have lots of exploring to do tomorrow, has good Nissan history, full service this September (not Nissan)with new disks and pads all round

7 services alltogether

• Like 1

Congrats on your purchase. Good year and colour! Lol.

Yes I'd get the airbag light checked. Sounds like it may of been caused with the steering wheel change.

There are 2 auxiliary belts that are about £30 for the pair and are an easy DIY job to change. Plenty of guides on here and online. If its rece tly had the two belts fitted, they (or just one) may need adjusting slightly.

Have you tried turning the light off? The 2 can be turned on and off independently and it might just be the passenger one is in the on position. Give it a push upwards.

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

Congrats on your purchase. Good year and colour! Lol.

Yes I'd get the airbag light checked. Sounds like it may of been caused with the steering wheel change.

There are 2 auxiliary belts that are about £30 for the pair and are an easy DIY job to change. Plenty of guides on here and online. If its rece tly had the two belts fitted, they (or just one) may need adjusting slightly.

Have you tried turning the light off? The 2 can be turned on and off independently and it might just be the passenger one is in the on position. Give it a push upwards.

The belts you mentioned, are they the ones at front of the engine facing you

Regarding the light, its the light in the dash saying the passenger door is open, sorry for the confusion

James

Ahh ok James, sorry. It does sound like a sensor issue, but search is your friend here. (Sorry, using my phone ATM).

Yes, it's the belts that are facing you when you open the bonnet. Here ya go...

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drive_and_Accessory_Belt_Replacement

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15848-how-to-change-the-aux-drive-belts/

Yes, any change made from original factory spec needs to be disclosed *awaits 'hilarious' sarcastic comments about disclosing air fresheners *

http://www.skyinsura...-insurance.html

Thanks

I Will tell them and hope they don't charge a fee to change, i initially did a quick Google search and the majority said its a maintenance option so not a mod.

But im mega paranoid so ill tell them :smile:

As regards the warning light on the dash that a door is open, I would check all the sensors in the door shuts, boot and bonnet - one may have just got stuck to throw the light. Pulling back the rubber sleeve to get some WD40 in might be all that is needed.

Regarding the air bag light, i spoke online to Nissan who advised that the car will need to be on diagnostic test to check that

Its about £65 inc VAT for the test which is 30 minutes.

For peace of mind is it advised going to Nissan dealer rather than anyone else. they would be able to check the door sensor too.

I'm based in Chelmsford Essex, and the car is provisionally booked in a Colchester branch next week as Chelmsford is booked up. i would rather not travel to Colchester, and also im not allowed to wait for the car either :wacko: (loan car free though)

Thankyou

As regards the warning light on the dash that a door is open, I would check all the sensors in the door shuts, boot and bonnet - one may have just got stuck to throw the light. Pulling back the rubber sleeve to get some WD40 in might be all that is needed.

Great thanks will have a closer look, just going through the manual also

Yes, any change made from original factory spec needs to be disclosed *awaits 'hilarious' sarcastic comments about disclosing air fresheners *

http://www.skyinsura...-insurance.html

Thanks

I Will tell them and hope they don't charge a fee to change, i initially did a quick Google search and the majority said its a maintenance option so not a mod.

But im mega paranoid so ill tell them :smile:

Ok bad news, my insurer wont cover the K&N filter...

I changed insurers because my old one wouldn't cover because no tracker

Help...

ps, i've got the original air filter, or i try and change insurance

Jeez, tough break with your insurance!

If you've got the original panel filter (I'm assuming the K&N is just a panel filter too), I'd just put the original back in as the difference the K&N will give you and a standard tune car is minimal.

I've got a K&N in mine and my insurance doesn't know about it, shhhh. I only discovered it a few months after I'd bought the car.

You could then hold onto it until insurance is due for renewal, or stick it up in the for sale thread on here.

Who are you 'new' insurers and who did you move from?

Ok bad news, my insurer wont cover the K&N filter...

I changed insurers because my old one wouldn't cover because no tracker

Help...

ps, i've got the original air filter, or i try and change insurance

Get quotes from the companies on here.

I've got a K&N in mine and my insurance doesn't know about it, shhhh. I only discovered it a few months after I'd bought the car.

Then you're not insured.