350Z buying advice please???

KernowAlex

Hello experts!

I have been recently looking at buying a 350Z, preferably the newer type from 2006 onwards and i was just looking for some advice on what to look out for when buying one.

Ive never owned a car like this before so any advice on common problems, expenses, servicing, what to check when viewing one, would be greatly appreciated???

They look and sound like great cars reading some of the threads on this site and i do really want one but i want to be careful with what i spend without sounding like i cant afford it!

Any help would really aid my decision on getting one, hope to hear from you all soon.

Thanks

the only thing i would suggest is to read as much about the model as posible from every available source. You could do far worse than looking through the pages of sites like this. Also bear in mind that the newer cars have drastically higher VED rates than the earlier models, although this is offset with slight power gains. I think its fair to say that cars seem slightly cheaper at this time of year. I'd also go for something with a full Nissan service history although i'm probably stating the obvious here. Cars bought from enthusiast sites seem to be better looked after than the boy racer who has tried to fit every useless add-on on the market. I'm on my first Zed after a series of 200SX's and this has given mr more driving fun than all of my SX's put tother. Good luck with your search.

If you can buy a forum members car you are onto a winner :)

+1 got mine from a forum member and compared to the other ones I'd looked at it was the best by a long way.

I'd say the same as others plenty of research and also don't rush into it. Make sure you know exactly what you want then keep hunting and waiting till you find that perfect car at the right price for you.

took me about 4 ish months to find the right one.

Before I found the 'one' I'd missed out on a couple of others from eBay and the like plus I'd seen a tatty one just up the road from me. It really helped to show me that waiting for the right one is really worth it.

Edited by wizurd

Can I just give a small word of caution though.

I know we all big up the forum cars and yes I totally agree you've more chance of getting a better one from the forum but don't suddenly believe that a forum car is indestructable or something. You still need to do your checks.

I'm sure Cal and the new engine he ended up putting in his car will testify to that!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...