K1 poor fitment..?

Whazza22

Hey,

Has anyone else found that the k1 isn't the greatest of fitments?

My centre pipe just after the catalytic converter is resting on a brace which is causing vibration.

Just been to an exhaust place and he said he would need to cut the booster off and put a 2.5" bend over the brace and join to the y pipe. Wants £90.

Is this the only option or has over people had the same experience and done it different?

Thanks

The k1 sounds amazing but looks tat! Depends what I want the car for Ricey. Day to day i would avoid but for weekend toy it's a decent sound.

My buddyclub with decats is very very loud but it has a very nice tone. The k1 tone wasn't for me after a while, but definitely made the car sound fast and made the driving experience pretty fun. Really lets the v6 note out

K1 without bungs looks awesome.

K1 with bungs looks a bit poor.

K1 without bungs sounds awful.

K1 with bungs sounds awesome.

Agreed though on the coupe it's very droney over about 2.2k rpm but when you put your foot down it makes the drone all worthwhile.

I've had my ESR one on for about 3 years and fit is perfect but just bought a true dual that I'm hoping will fit in with the Chargespeed rear end. We'll see when I get round to fitting it...... Bought it as I have got old and grown fed up of the drone.....

I had my bungs out yesterday... was bloody stupid. On the upside I stuck them in a bench drill with wire bit and now they're all shiny.

My K1 fitment was also problematic on a JDM.

1. Had to shave off part of my DIFF, it was just a casing tag so nothing critical.

2. It was resting on my crash bar so it's been spaced off

Other than that it's all good!

Iv just fitted mine and it sounds good with the bungs in, but is pretty loud (dare to think what its like without bungs). But its a weekend short trip car so hopefully wont get on my nerves.

As for fitment the centre pipe clears ok but the right hand can doesn't sit as well as the left. It hangs a little low. Cheap and cheerful so cant complain i guess.

It will do till im willing to splash a bit more on another system.

Edited by SX Dave

The k1 sounds amazing but looks tat! Depends what I want the car for Ricey. Day to day i would avoid but for weekend toy it's a decent sound.

photo-11772.png?_r=0

:teeth::lol:

lol I'm recommending for others ;) mines is about 120db or something lol

I do wish folks would stop and think about their exhausts before shelling out their hard earned!

We see so many every year spending cash on cheaper and louder systems only to have to get rid and spend more again to get the look and tone they want - what really surprises me though is no-one ever considers actually how it helps the car breathe all they think about is noise :lol: usual willy waving if you ask me :p

I do wish folks would stop and think about their exhausts before shelling out their hard earned!

We see so many every year spending cash on cheaper and louder systems only to have to get rid and spend more again to get the look and tone they want - what really surprises me though is no-one ever considers actually how it helps the car breathe all they think about is noise :lol: usual willy waving if you ask me :p

Made a profit on my K1 purchase ;)

But you can't beat a proper system that actually helps the performance of the car