Err had a slight.. bump

adam1942

Fair play for posting all that up, just shows what can happen if you are not careful.... expensive lesson but the results are looking good :thumbs:

What happens about the cat of the car now if you have not claimed or reported anything? If you don't tell your insurance about the repairs is your policy basically worthless :shrug:

Very impressed with your approach to the 'incident' and foresight to take the hit on your pocket now rather than take the easy way out going through the insurance who would no doubt shaft you for the next 5 years in having to declare a claim.

Good example of getting a repair done that I expect would have been treble what you have paid if you had made a claim. :thumbs:

You have pm btw.

Fair play Adam, looks like you got a good result. To give you an idea I had a single vehicle accident 6 years ago with 4 years protected no claims. It finally came off my 5 year declaration this year and my insurance dropped from £770 to £370 without moving company. So including excess it cost probably about £2500 to make a claim for a car worth £2000. Glad I did though, 6 months later I got a bill from the roads service for 21K! Sent to the insurance company. No hassle. Guess maybe 2.5K over 5 years wasn't so bad!

Yea i thought it was steep too but hey thats what insurance is for i guess. Was A VW Bora which I lot control of going through roadworks and hit central reservation on motorway. My own fault for driving home at 0430 after a 14hr shift in a&e, I didn't react enough when the lorry in front hit cones and scattered them in front of the car. Took out 2 sections of armco. Most of bill was for having to close a lane on motorway etc. I'm just thankful there was no workers there and no one behind me . I walked away after climbing into the back to get out. My fiancée changed her car a while back, needless to say we got a vw, safe car. I was using the bora as a daily drive, had an impreza at the time, prob wouldn't have been as lucky in that!

Edited by Rob22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you need a fuel damper I've got the front one and the rear one somewhere, one brand new and one 31k miles, let me know and I'll dig them out. They are up for sale in the for sale section but the photos seem to have gone missing since the new forum :smile: