Chipped Brembo calliper

Pnthrblkzs

Because I have an obsession with tidying things I need a bit of advice on some chips I have on 1 of my orange Brembo rear calipers.

Has anyone ever had anything like this in the past? Can anyone offer any ideas on touching this in?

I guess it's some sort of ceramic coating but I haven't properly inspected it yet, Ideally I don't want to replace the caliper and am looking for a budget solution to repair it.

I'm going to a wheel refurbishers on Monday for my wheels, could they do some sort of powdercoating smart repair?

Thanks, jon

• 2 months later...

Use the Humbrol #54 paint and instead of using a paintbrush use a cocktail stick, you'll have far more control using this method plus you won'y end up overloading the cocktail stick as you would if you were to use a brush. I used this method on my front callipers and am chuffed to bits with the result as you can't see where the original chip was after i built up the paint in layers using the cocktail stick. Good Luck.

• 11 months later...

I bought the humbrol no54 paint to touch up the chips on my brembos and it's nothing like the same colour. It's a lot darker than the gold on my calipers which are the original factory colour.

Anyway it actually looked worse than the chips when I'd finished so I bought the honda inca pearl touch up and that's a much better match :thumbs:

Anyone know the right colour for the red callipers on the 370? They seem quite prone to chips and the best I've been able to do in the past is get a touch up kit with a similar colour and then mix it with the darker primer to get a suitable shade. It's not ideal though - be great if anyone knows the right colour for them.

I wondered if Nissan changed the caliper colour slightly on later models as mine is an early zed (53 plate)

Mines an 04 GT too, the Humbrol paint went on dark but matched pretty good in the end after it dried.

Mine was the opposite , it got darker as it dried. Looked a right mess!

Very strange, maybe I got a duff pot of paint or I'm just too critical as I work with paint everyday (almost everyday ) . Anyway sorted now as the honda touch up was a better match :)